Arlo 2

The day of the ball has arrived and I'm dying, this whole thing seemed like a good idea but now I'm scared. I'm literally choosing the man that I will live with for the rest of my days, the man that I will bare children to and the man that's I will rule the kingdom with. The kingdoms dress code isn't all that bad the clothes cover what you want but aren't a mountain of fabric. Mum came in looking all excited with a plan white button up shirt with the kingdom logo on the breast pocket. My jacket is the kingdoms colour, a blood red and my pants are jet black. The lords have been arriving all though the day, talking to dad and getting the conditions of marriage (god so many rules) I was ready and waiting all day lying on the sunbed on my balcony. I have two wolves one is white with what looks like a lightly toasted marshmallow coloured fur on its head. The other is grey with black fur over the top of its back, head and tail. They are down with dad, they are smelling the alphas making sure they mean no harm so while they do that I'm rather lonely. With no siblings it's hard to keep myself entertained and I'm not allowed to go anywhere outside the castle till I have an alpha. Getting an idea I pull myself up and onto a small ledge that is dangerous close above my father's throne room, if dad found out I was doing this i would be in so much trouble. I look down before I manage to climb on the roof and see a black haired boy talking with my father, dad seems to like him he's laughing and patting him on the back, did I mention they get to have a drink with dad? I'm about to pull my head away from the boy until he looks up and sees me. I automatically think he's going to tell my father and I know I should climb down and act like nothing happened but his eyes keep me from moving. Amber eyes look up at me with a small blush forming on the boys cheeks, as soon as he blushes my face heats up and I almost lose my balance. His hair looks so soft and his arms and lips so inviting, this is the first time I've seen a prime alpha does this happen with all of them or is there something special with the boy. Judging by the crest on his jacket he's the lord from Lash aka John the fearless. I don't know how long I was staring but long enough for dad to notice something was wrong with John and hear his strong voice saying "John are you alright? You look a little pale"
"I'm fine... just looking at the architecture" John says in a voice as smooth as honey and so beautiful it makes my heart flutter.