Extra Chapter

A/N Hey guys. I just want to thank everyone for all the support I've received over this book. You have no idea how wonderful it makes me feel to read all the positive comments (because for the record, I literally read every single comment since I always love your reactions). So once again, thank you. 

In honor of 1k voted I decided to write this. It's nothing big, but it was fun to write their voices for the first time in two years. Also, it's the first time I've ever written in Henry's POV, so I hope you enjoy that. 

"I'm not talking to you about this right now," Henry declared, keeping his eyes on the screen and pretending he couldn't see Carter pouting from the corner of his eye.

"But why not," Carter groaned, throwing his head back dramatically and then hissing through his teeth when it hit the back of the couch a little too hard. "Henry. You have been in a horrible mood lately. Tell me what's going on".

"No".

"Why?"

"Because it's none of your business," Henry finished, getting up off the couch and leaving the room before Carter could pester him any longer. It was times like these when he wondered why on earth he had moved in with his high school friend. When Jordan wasn't around for an extended period of time— which was most of the time during the school year, since the other boy was all the way in Georgia— that Carter got exceptionally nosey.

It had been a real pain these last few weeks, since Jordan's absence was also the reason that Henry couldn't confide in his closest friend about what was troubling him.

Henry missed his boyfriend.

Collier's school was two hours away, which had never been a problem for them before— Cole spent a surprising amount of nights at his and Carter's apartment given the commute he had to make in the mornings on weekdays— but a few weeks past Collier had been assigned a late midterm for his ceramics course, which happened to be the hardest of all of his classes. The project was taking a large amount of Cole's time, keeping him at his dorm every night for the past couple of weeks. It was the longest Henry had ever gone without seeing his boyfriend, and he was disgusted by how empty he felt without the undeniably annoying man at his side.

Many a time he had turned to say something to his boyfriend and found himself cutting off upon remembering Cole's absence. It wasn't something he would have thought would be easy to forget since he was finally surrounded by silence once more —Collier typically never shut the hell up— but he had grown so used to the other boy's presence that he still just expected him to be there, with or without sound.

His boyfriend's absence was undoubtedly the worst— not that he'd ever admit that to Collier for multiple reasons— but to top it all off, there were a handful of new anime episodes out that he couldn't bring himself to watch without his boyfriend's stupid commentary in his ear, and he couldn't even go online without being assured with spoilers.

Basically, life kind of sucked.

If he told any of this to Carter, he knew he'd immediately have to listen to the "my boyfriend's in a different state and I haven't seen him for months," lecture, and he really wasn't having it. It didn't make him miss Collier any less, and it made him even more annoyed with Carter.

***

After Carter had rudely invaded his room in order to pester him some more, Henry decided to spend the weekend at home. It had been a while since he had stopped in, despite his mother's wishes, and surprising them would certainly make them happy.

It would also mean he got to go an entire weekend without speaking to Carter, which was a huge bonus.

He didn't bother to pack any bags, since he had left some clothes at home when he moved out, and he was 100% positive his parents would have an extra toothbrush he could use. With a flick of his wrist as a sort of wave in Carter's direction, Henry left their apartment, ignoring the fact that his roommate was in mid sentence when the door closed between them.