Thesan

Prompt: Meeting him in the war and finding out your mates.

To say this moment was tense would be an extreme understatement.

The High Lords were currently planning their next attack and Rhysand decided that everyone who would help retrieve the cauldron should be present.

"Their here because they'll be the ones retrieving the cauldron."

You looked up for the first time not wanting to possibly be singled out for constantly staring at your lap the entire meeting.

Having your luck you looked right into the golden eyes of a Peregryn Commander and immediately dropped your gaze.

That earned a deep almost soothing chuckle from someone to the right of him.

The Dawn Courts High Lord you realized and before you could stop yourself you instantly looked towards the voice.

You met his light eyes that reminded you of chocolate rich and deep like a never ending swirl of patterns.

You inhaled sharply freezing in your place almost too afraid to breathe as an unseen bond snapped into place and you were suddenly aware of what just happened.

You knew your shock could be clearly read on your face when he tilted his head at you curiously faint amusement in his gaze.

You decided quickly to find something else to look at.

'Rhysand?'

You hesitated knowing that the High Lords we're discussing important things right now but he still responded.

'Yes?'

'If a bond doesn't snap in place for both people at the same time does that mean that the relationship will only be one-sided?'

You could feel Rhys's confusion as he thought over your question.

'No it usually will snap into place for the other person soon after why- who?'

'I can't remember his name the one with the Peregryns'

'Thesan?'

Silence was his only answer as you thought over his name, Thesan it sounded sweet like he looked.

'I guess so'

——————————————————————

You hesitated when the time came to leave but you did so.

'Was it wrong not to tell him?'

'No it wasn't wrong he's a High Lord he has much more important things to worry about, right?'

Your thoughts were interrupted by a hand on your shoulder making you pause and look up to the person that's hand gently brushed you.

You glanced up at Thesan quickly but failed to meet his eyes and instead settled on the other features eyes lingering on his lips as he spoke.

"I apologize if I did something to shock you it wasn't my intention to make you, unnerved."

Collecting what was left of your common since you responded although you hoped he would continue speaking his voice was like a drug, addictive.

"You have no reason to apologize you've did nothing wrong."

You tried your best to respond calmly but it seems he saw through your mask.

"I disagree, seeing as you can't look me in the eyes"

Instantly feeling bad for your lack of manners you looked up flinching as you did so.