I dont even know you

Rachel had been sent to the hospital, sirens blaring down the streets. The sad scene of her sister Madison watching over Rachel like a guardian angel, would make your eyes brim with tears. Rachel was slowly fading away, the man in the white tucked in shirt and navy pants started pumping oxygen into her lungs. The vehicle was colliding with the gravel below as they came to a stop.

Men in white lab coats ran to the mobile bed and carried Rachel rapidly into the ER. All you would see is Madison, frantically running, trying to keep up with Rachel.

Harry had driven to the hospital with Liam and Niall. No words were spoken due to the tense, unexplained pain that was between Rachel and Niall. All they could hear was the wind blowing, violently against the car. Niall was shaking in the backseat, staring at their text messages from the past.

The boys had arrived at the white building in a matter of minutes. Harry searched for Madison right away to check up on what was going on. Niall ran up to the front door and stopped. Liam went inside but looked back at him. All he did was nod.

NIALLS POV

This is the last thing I wanted to happen to Rachel. She's my angel. I walked slowly to a side of the building that faced a little lake and sat down on the cold pavement. "What is wrong with you.." I mumbled to myself. Every second bottled up another tear that I kept from forming. My phone lit through my hand. For a distinct moment, I stared at the lock screen which portrayed a picture of Rachel and I. It looked as if we were truly happy. How could this happen to us? I didn't want Rachel to hurt herself. This is all my fault. My hands were placed on both sides of my head. Without Rachel, I had never felt love. I had never confided in someone like that up until I met her.

«1 hour passed»

"Mate.." Liam's voice was familiar but unwanted. I unwillingly stood up, wobbly at first. My hands shook against my side as I led the way into the lobby. Liam was behind me with his head down, watching the pebbles move. I reached the lobby and paused again. "Niall.." I turned around with a pained expression. He put his arm around my shoulder and brought me inside. I was directed to a dark hallway on the third floor, taking the elevator. I looked in front of me and there was only one light on and it sounded like Madison's crying was coming from it. "Madison, it's going to be alright. Rachel's going to be okay. I promise. I love you" I heard, pausing at the door. Pausing must be my thing now.. Liam nudged me and I moved into the doorway. Madison snapped her head up and gave me a look filled with anger, fear, and sadness. I looked quickly away from her, putting my head down. I'm so sorry.. I wanted to say it but words didn't come.

"Can I.. See her..?" I stuttered, my hands in my pockets, head still down. "You're looking at her" Madison quickly replied in between sniffles. I looked up at her with a saddened expression and looked over to the girl I had fallen in love with. "Madison.. Just five minutes.. Please.." I mumbled and Madison squeezed Harry's hand really hard, standing up and glaring at me while leaving the room. As the door closed, I sat down next to the peaceful young woman. Her eyes were closed as if she was sleeping but I knew that was only the sugar coated truth.

"Rachel, Im so so sorry.. I didn't want this to happen.. You are so strong.. You'll get out of this I promise.. Please wake up soon.. I'm so sorry..." I glanced at her forearm and the stitches were obvious. I just want her to get better, my eyes grew swollen with falling tears.

My heart beat a million miles a second and I couldn't take seeing her like this anymore. "I love you, Rachel" I kissed her forehead, placing my thumb on the top of her head, then caressed her cheek one last time. The door opened and I just ran. From what? I'm not sure. It could've been the half dead girl in the clean hospital room or the fact that I did this to her. I couldn't keep myself from thinking the awful thought that she deserved this. But no one deserves to be like that, no one. Liam tried to follow me but I just ran.

_______________________________

A/N: This is the LAST chapter of The First Glance!

Don't be upset though!

THERE'S A SEQUEL!

Thank you for being here through this book. I am so very thankful I got a chance to share my stories with all of you <3