Chapter 8: Betrayal

Today was the last day of the internships, and Izuku had decided to do a no holds barred sparing session with Haruto. Izuku had fought Lemillion before, and after seeing Ghost in battle, Izuku had learned some of his strengths and weaknesses. For starters, he had a 5 second interval between quirk usage. He also knew that he could only stay intangible for 15 seconds. This meant Izuku had to play defense most of the time. The battle was intense, and Ghost even learned a few new tricks. Izuku was just about to land the finishing blow, when a pitch black gas filled the area. It was impossible to see, so Izuku tried flicking his fingers at 100% to clear the gas. When the gas cleared, he saw ghost in the arms of a man in a black jacket with a white shirt underneath, and black pants and shoes.

"Hey, Deku! It's me! Masochist!"

Deku froze in place. This was the first villain he had ever caught as an official pro hero. He had a quirk that turned pain into fire in his hands. And this guy loved pain. So much so that he had once burned down half of Hosu city on the anniversary of the hero-killer Stain's defeat. He was a class A level threat, and when he escaped, it raised to S class. Deku realized that he had to beat this guy and bring him in today.

"How did you get in here?"

"Oh, that's easy, we had a spy steal security information."

"Wait... we?"

"You heard correctly, Deku."

The green-clad hero turned to see a man in a black mask, a man in a black and white jester hat, a man with four arms, and a familiar face. Alchemist. She was the spy.

"What do you want?" asked Deku.

"Simple. To carry on Shigaraki's legacy. We want to kill the symbol of peace. But not just kill you, we want to make you hurt. So, we've taken the liberty of sparing the lives of your loved ones. Uravity and Ghost will remain with us until you come and save them. But to do that, you need to let loose. Stop caring about others. You have 2 weeks before we kill them."

As he finished speaking, a black, misty portal opened underneath Ghost's feet, and he fell in. Izuku wasn't able to get him in time.

"Masochist, Handy-man, have your fun."

Before he knew it, Deku was in battle with Masochist, and the man with four arms. Masochist lit his palms ablaze, and Handy-man let out a flurry of blows, which Deku blocked and countered almost flawlessly. Masochist jumped over Handy-man and grabbed Deku with his flaming hands. Deku let out a cry of pain as the villain singed his skin. The villain smiled big, and Handy-man started pummeling Masochist. The more he was pummeled, the hotter his flames became. Deku's costume was nearly burnt to a crisp when Chargebolt, Blast, and Slime Smile came and lent Deku a hand. They fought for a good half-hour, when a portal opened and the villains quickly retreated. Izuku's arms were severely burnt. But he didn't have time to worry about his injuries. He searched the entire city, but found absolutely nothing. It took 2 days, but he still hadn't found a thing. But Izuku didn't give up. And he certainly wasn't going to play that man's game. He still did hero work with a smile, and stayed as the symbol of peace, but he barely slept, or ate, because he was determined to find Ghost, the kid that U.A. had trusted him to protect, and Uraraka, the love of his life.

<MEANWHILE>
Uraraka woke up to find Ghost eating his plate of stale bread, and her own plate of bread in front of her. It had been 3 days since the attack on the twelve pillars. She had found out that they were using fragments of Kurogiri's DNA to open portals. Which was useful. She was starting to get scared, but not worried. They said two weeks, it hasn't even been one. She knew that Deku would come and save her. He always did. She loved him for that.

Ghost had tried using his quirk to escape on several occasions, but to no avail. The walls had quirk dampeners in them, so they couldn't escape if they tried. Masochist had been stabbing needles into all of his pressure points, and laughing as a result. Alchemist kept saying how dumb they were to trust her, and Break kept picking fights with Handy-man. They weren't much different from the old league of villains. Even having similar quirks. But there was one difference, Uraraka knew that Alchemist felt bad about kidnapping her classmate. She didn't feel the slightest bit of remorse for kidnapping Uraraka, and they both knew that. But Uraraka couldn't help but think that Alchemist might have a change of heart. Uraraka just had to be the same happy person she always was. She knew that she would be saved by the love of her life.

A/N back to hefty chapters! My shoulder is killing me so I hope y'all appreciate this. I know I said I was gonna end this soon, but the story and plotline won't allow that without being too sloppy. I'm not Marvel studios. I don't like plot holes. So, I am going on break starting tomorrow, and ending next Sunday. Consider the longer chapter a parting gift. Anyway, click all de buttons! BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!