CHAPTER ELEVEN

That insufferable man!

Evangeline was positive the stench surrounding her was not nearly as awful as the sheikh of Dasadin.

Just when she had thought she'd escaped him, he'd shown up.

She couldn't remember much about the previous night. The little boy who'd gone to get help had been the last thing she'd seen.

And then waking up the next morning in what seemed to be a makeshift clinic—what was supposed to be her wounded head no longer such.

She hadn't even had the chance to fully examine her surroundings when that giant of a man walked in, looking so gorgeous Evangeline had needed to fight herself to hold the resentment.

Before she'd known it, he was grabbing her by the elbow, fury on his handsome face, before everything had gone black.

And now, as she paced around on her bare feet, refusing to rest or sit on that disgusting and suspiciously stained mattress, she was fed up of waking up in places she wasn't familiar with.

Apart from the miniscule window that was built at the very top of the revolting wall, the tiny room remained dark and lonely.

She ignored the vermin that skittered around her and banged on the steel door again.

"If you don't let me out right this second, I swear I will bring down hell! Let me out!"

A series of complaints she couldn't decipher filled her ears again, like they'd been doing for the last two hours of her protest.

Where was she? But judging by the cell-like design of the nauseating room around her, she was sure that despicable man had thrown her among prisoners, worse—criminals, rapists and whatnot.

She rapped her blistered hand on the door again. "What do you people plan on doing to me?! Let me out right this sec—"

She was cut short when the little vision panel on the door slid open to review an unfamiliar face. He seemed to be missing an eye.

"Lady must be quiet. No want noise here," the man gruffly said.

"Well, I wouldn't be making much of a fuss if you hadn't put me in here in the first place. I want to speak to your king!"

He let out a low chuckle. "You no make demands. If Sheikh Tobias did not leave order, you would be toy."

She gasped, hoping her assumption of his words were wrong. "You wouldn't!"

"I come in there and show you good time? You're beautiful woman, and I heard where you come from, women like you share body with plenty men." He suddenly cleared his throat. "Your Highness! Forgive me, I do not see you standing there."

A reply wasn't heard but in the next moment, Evangeline heard the door give out a metallic groan, and she realized it must have been the lock giving way.

She stepped back from the door, several feet from it. When it swang open, she watched the sheikh himself walk through it, his height demanding him to lower his head. Even the low ceiling demanded the same.