One Year Later...

Mare's child, known as Raven, was born a month after Cal had left. She took after her father, with messy black hair and amber eyes. Mare worries constantly about Raven's wellbeing and if Cal will find her. Everyone in the Scarlet Guard, despite her obvious looks, is told that she is the daughter of Mare and Kilhorn. Those who suspect different keep their mouths shut.

Raven, in her ability, is a perfect blend of her father and mother. Raven has control over red lighting, which is extremely powerful and she has been taught to control it from a young age. However, as her training continued, she was able to conjure purple fire. Due to her lack of training, her fire is known to be chaotic and uncontrollable. She's managed to hide her fire from most people of the Scarlet Guard, protecting her lineage. Her red blood classifies her as a Newblood. 

The King and Scarlet Guard are still on shaky terms, very shaky in fact. But for the most part, they maintain peace, not publicly at war. Cal's letter is a treasure to Mare. She hasn't written back and hasn't found it in herself to do so. 

Raven has grown up around Farley's cursing, she is strong. She has grown up around people who don't like the crown and dislikes it because of this influence, quite ironic. Mare is planning on telling her when she is old enough to understand.

She has the appearance and knowledge of a five-year-old, even though she has only been in their lives for about a year. She is rapidly aging and it worries everyone. She is in perfect health otherwise.

Cal still knows nothing of the child's existence.

And Mare intends to keep it that way. 

Sorry for it being really short! Thank you guys for all the votes and views!! I'm sorry about all the time skips! They will make sense soon, good stuff is on its way I Promise!!