Academy... Troublesome

After a Few Years

Shikazen's POV

Today is a day we attend the Ninja Academy. Oniisama was muttering a lot 'troublesome' and not wanting to go to school and just sleep instead. I chuckled.

"Come on oniisama, we're down the path of becoming shinobi."-I said and dragged niisama outside the house.

"Bye Shikamaru, Shikazen"-Tousama and kaasama said and I waved at them happily.

"Troublesome, what's so special about not being able to sleep all day?"-Niisama lazily asked.

"We'll be meeting friends and we'll face danger and adventure"-I replied and he just looked at me boredly.

_

Shikamaru's POV

"Danger and... adventure..."-Shikazen trailed off. I looked at her.

"Why? Why? Of all things... Why?!"-she muttered to herself and looked at the papers in front of her with dread.

"It's not that bad. If you can't answer it then don't force yourself."-I said and she pouted.

"You don't understand. I want to make kaasama and tousama proud. I can't possibly go home with a failing grade and tarnish tousama's reputation. What're they going say? That the Jonin Commander's daughter is a failure? No way."-Shikazen ranted as she glared at the quiz sheet.

Apparently, Shikazen isn't that bright of a child. She struggles with books.

"Come closer"-I urged her and she scooted over.

"Here, what angle is the most suitable? It's talking about...."-I explained and she nodded with her mouth shaped 'O'.

_

Lunch time. We opened our lunch boxes prepared by kaa-san and Shikazen's eyes sparkled when she saw the side dishes. She was about to eat when I stopped her.

"Not too fast. Where's your table prayer?"

"Ah! Ittadakimasu!"

Not wasting a second, she stuffed her mouth with food. I sighed helplessly. Muttering 'Ittadakimasu', I took a bite of my food.

"Hey oniisama"

"Hm?"

"Are you going to eat that?"

"You want it?"

"Yeah!"

"Here"

"Thanks, oniisama!"

"We're home"-we called out as we entered.

"Welcome back. So how was your day?"-kaa-san welcomed us as she removed her apron.

"Troublesome"-I answered and kaa-san hit me on the head. Shikazen snickered.

"It was fine. Average if I may say"-she said and proceeded to the dining room.

"Mhm. Dinner smells good."-she commented and kaa-san smiled, catching up to my sister.

"Right? That's my daughter."

I rolled my eyes.

'Jeez, how come my 'Troublesome' earned me a hit on the head. What the hell's supposed to be wrong with that word? Women are truly troublesome.'

I walked in the dining room and went to the table, pulled a chair and sat.

Then, kaa-san and Shikazen came and arranged the food.

"Where tou-san?"-I asked and kaa-san sighed.

"Still working, probably."

Thankfully, Shikazen broke the silence that followed after.

"Hey niisama! You don't want your food, I'll get it then! Thanks!"

"Hey!"