Chapter 41

~Graces POV~

"Im your new coach assistant Mr. Espinosa." He looked at me and smiled. I was shocked. I couldnt move. I felt like everything in I was looking at blew up. My heart stopped beating. Why?

"Grace?" I shook my head and looked at Sarah on my left.

"Im sorry, what?" I asked tucking a strain of hair away from my face.

"Are you ok? You dropped the ball." Je handed back my ball.

"Um yea. Just shocked." I looked back at him and back towards Sarah. I smiled at her and we walked towards the other group and started practicing. We split into teams and Sarah and I were captains. Sarah was a good basketball player like me.

"Lisa." I said.

"Nice pick. Jenna." Sarah smirked.

"Come on, Sabrina." The list went on and on until we got 6 players on each time.

"Alright team here!" I shouted. We walk across the gym court. Alright we can out run Sarahs team. What every you do is make the ball into that hoop. Pass the ball to me got it?" I said.

"Got it!" They said. She put our hands in the middle. We put our hand in the middle but I had this feeling like someone was watching me. Him. I didnt wanna look. If I did I would break down. We joined Sarahs group in the middle of the gym.

"Got this Espinosa?" She asked smiling with the ball under her arm.

"Always have Parker." I smiled. We check the ball then Sarah had the ball and started dribbling towards her hoop which was behind us. Lisa ran after her and Sarah throw the ball to Mia. I ran and block her to get the ball. Now I had possesion of the ball. I dribble faster to our hoop. Sarah was catching up to me. One of Sarah crew stood in front of me. I through the ball to herside and recaught it and dribbled it to our hoop.

"Nice move Gray." She said. I smiled and right before I shot Sarah jumped and blocked me. The whistle blew. We were all breathing heavy.

"Grace that was a nice move but you have to work on your surroundings like what Sarah did." Coach said. I nodded.

"Again." He blew the whistle. We went back into our postions.

"Hey is that your dad right?" Lisa asked pointed at the assisent coach. He was staring at me and smiling.

"Maybe I dont know I dont wanna focus on that." I said turning away from him. We went through the routines and strategies for 2 hours.

"Nice run girls! Grace better with that throw its all in the wrist. Thats it girls practice in 2 more days till the game." Coach said. We started walking out of the gym.

"Grace may I speak with you." I turned around and he was gesturing me towards me. I hesitated for a second. I nodded and walk towards him slowly.

"Nice seeing you again." He smiled at me.

"You left for 10 years and now returned. Why?" I said looking at him with my light green eyes. His eyes were light brown with a little sparkle from looking into mine.

"I came back because I miss you. I need to see you again. I miss my little girl." He tried to hug me. I backed away.

"Im a not a little girl anymore. You missed those years." I said shaking my head. My eyes stung a little. I knew the tears where ready to form.

"You dont talk to me like that." He said a little sternly. He his lips curved down.

"I have to go. Bye..." I didnt know what to call him. Should I call him Dad? Daddy? Or by his real name? "Adam." I said and sprinted out of the gym. My visions were blurry. The tears were already spilling out of my eyes. I opened the locker room and press my back against the door. I heard laughing and talking. I closed my eyes and breathe in an out. I whipped the tears away.

"Grace is that you?" I heard Lisas chripping voice. I try to make myself look normal or not like I was crying.

"Yea Im here." I said. I grabbed my bag quickly before she came. I ran into the bathroom.

"What did your dad ask?" She asked standing away from the door. I stopped at her using dad. She doesnt know what happened. 

"Oh, um, that I was getting better." I said quickly. I changed into my original clothes and flip flops.

"You ok?" She looked at me. I put on a fake smile.

"Yea Im fine." I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were deep green. My cheeks were tinted red. My nose was a little pink.

"Well I have to go, see you tomorrow. Hey Sarah, Your getting better out there." I said looking at her fixing her hair.

"You too Espinosa." She smiled. I walked out of the girls locker room and looked around so I wouldnt face him again. I honestly dont know what to call him. I feel happy that he was back. Im glad he came to see me, but I was also upset and mad that he just showed up now not those past 10 years. I bumped into someone hard. I dropped my bag to the floor.

"You look distance whats up?" I saw a tye dye hoodie that said "taylor Caniff".

"Ugh basketball." I scratch my head and grabbed my bag off the floor.

"Are you sure? Did you here about the new coach assisstant?" Tay asked.

"Yea can we not talk about it." We walked out of school towards my car.

"Um ok. Whats wrong?" He stopped infront of me. I looked around not wanted to make eye contact with him.

"Im fine Tay. Lets go home. Im tired and hungry." I moved to my left and he blocked me. I sighed.

"Grace." He said a little sternly. I sighed and still not look up. I felt a warm hand lift my face up. He scanned my face and eyes. I closed me eyes.

"Why are you sad?" He asked. I moved back.

"Im not sad. Just I dont know confused. I dont understand whats going on. Why would he show up now! Why? Did he do this to mess with my head?" I dropped my bag and paced back and forth and grabbed my hair.

"Grace who showed up? Whats going on? Breathe." Tay said trying to calm me down. My lungs felt like they were burning. The air started to get thick. I started to see black spots.

"Grace look at me! Breathe.1, 2, 3.." Tay counted. I started at him brown eyes. He wrapped his arounds securly around me. Sobs took over my body. I couldnt see anything with the tears filling my eyes none stop. My face felt wet. My cheeks were burning.

"Shhh Grace you ok. Your safe." He pulled me into his chest and I felt warm. I cried into his shirt. Minutes passed and it felt like hours. Tay drove us home. I was staring out the window watch the trees go past. I felt hollow. Empty. We pulled into my drive way. I looked around and saw that everyone was home. I took a deep breathe and walked out.

"Hey," Tay grabbed my arm. I turned my head and looked at him. "Your ok." He flashed my his grin. I smiled lightly and got my stuff. I walked up the drive way to the front door. Airi ran from the back and jumped up and down on my leg. Same with Wishbone. I smiled the sight of my 2 favorite dogs here to greet me even though I wasnt sure how I really feel.