Sober Thoughts

A short story that isn't Bennomi! I am so proud of myself!! The next one will probably be Bennomi... This one is really short, only 559 words, not including the bolded text. The next one will be a lot longer.

Enjoy!

I just broke up with Parker. I should have known it was just a dare, I was pathetic. My head was spinning and I stumbled into a bar. No one bothered to check my age or ID. Not even the bartender or bouncer.

I ordered a beer and went to the dart board. Bulls eye every time I threw a dart. Only a couple missed but that was because I wasn't looking. When I got my beer, I took a large sip. I usually hate the taste but I needed something to calm me.

Tears were streaming out of my eyes and small sobs came out. Am I not good enough? Am I just a small play thing no one wants?

Arms wrapping around me snapped out of my thoughts. I turned around and saw Declan looking at me. He brushed my hair out my face and hugged me tighter.

"I'm not going to ask if you are okay because your tears show you aren't but do you want to get out of here?" He asked me, gently. I nodded my head and grabbed his hand, wanting to hold onto something.

"How did you find me?" I asked. I turned off my Trace Ace, wanting privacy from the guys.

"Jordan hacked into your Trace Ace, revealing your location. Bennett was being held back by Bentley and Jordan had to leave right after he found your location. I decided to come get you since you were at a bar. Next time, come talk to me, okay?" He explained. I agreed to talking with him, admitting to myself going to bar was probably not the best thing to do.

Declan squeezed my hand and we exited the bar. We walked in comfortable silence around town, enjoying the nice weather.

"What happened?" He asked me. Tears started to brim my eyes.

"Parker broke up with me." I choked out, sobbing. "He said I was just a dare. I never realized how worthless I was until someone says I am just a dare."

His eyes darkened and his forehead creased. I rubbed my thumb to try to smoothen out the lines. He was mad and probably going to kill Parker.

"I will kill that son of a-"

"Please don't finish that sentence." I asked.

He calmed down and looked at me. His eyes occasionally looked at my lips. They darkened again when I licked them.

I started to lean in when he all of a sudden closed the gap.

I felt all of my emotions in this kiss. His warm lips molded with mine. His teeth nibbled at my bottom lip and I opened my mouth. Our tongues met in our passionate kiss. We both came apart, lips swollen and faces flushed.

"I don't want to be a rebound." Declan said. I shook my head.

"You won't be." I said, holding his hand.

"Good, because kisses like those are hard to come by. Especially when they come from someone with an amazing personality and beauty." I forget that as an artist and musician, Declan can be a magician with words. They made me smile and give him another short, sweet kiss.

"What will Bennett and Jordan say?" I asked.

"We abolished the article and section. You are mine." Declan started.

"I'm yours." I smiled. He smiled back.

It felt right. For once, it felt right.