chapter 1

It was 6:30am, when angel got a text from rob saying 'am at the sign board for Nguraru primary school so start coming and let's meet behind our tree' .Angel's house was located in the school compound.on seeing the text ,angel began to wonder how she was going to sneak out to see her best friend Rob.
She woke up and went to the bathroom to wash her face, and walked into the living room only to find her mother sitted.
Angel:morning mum
Mum:watu wakimaliza form four ata chai wanapikiwa eel?
Angel:apana mum am sorry I overslept
Mum:so where are you going to?
Angel:am going to pick the ovacados that have just fallen.
Mum:Sawa kaokote tunywe na chai
So she went behind to see Rob, and they met at their usual place, behind the tree.As she walked towards the tree she saw a suitcase and then looked at Rob who was staring at her as she walked towards him.Angel got close and they hugged so tightly and then Rob kissed her forehead. They then looked at each other.

Angel:you mean you didn't even get home first?
Rob:apana, I had to see you first

Angel:awww my bestie is so sweet,si umechoka sana?utapanda boda ukirudi.?

Rob: zi ,nitamake tu.

Angel:so how have you been?

Rob:am okay

Angel:and you have travelled So fast

Rob :ni ju nimekuja na sgr

Angel:no wonder .

Before they could even finish talking angel's mum came looking for her and calling out her name so loud.

Angel:bestie, I have to go.

Rob:okay bye i will see you later

Angel quickly walked back

Angel's mum: Who was that?

Angel:a friend

Angel's mum: ever since You cleared high school, You just feel like you can walk with all the men in this village.Kuna magonjwaa we we! Sasa zikwapi zile ovacado umekuja kuokota?wanaume ndiio ovacado?

Angel:Mum Rob si wanaume, Rob is my friend

Angel's mum: nyob nyis my friend.Unaniona kama mimi sina akili we we?ebu Rudi uko usinikodolee macho mimi apa.mnataka kuniaibisha mimi apa kwasababu mumemaliza form four.get inside!

Angel:am sorry Mum

Angel walks inside the house and goes straight to their bedroom that she shared with her sisters jael and pheny.

Jael:pole Angel ,Rob amecome?

Angel: yeah he is around

Jael:when did he come?

Angel:early this morning (she talked while tears were flowing down her face).

Jael:Usijali today is Tuesday mom will send us to the market.pheny and I will go to the market and you will go see Rob sawa?

Pheny:pole acha kulia

Angel:(she just nods her head and wipes her tears)

Jael:Mum Leo ni siku ya soko

Angel'Mum :oooh kwelii , you just get ready I will send you.

So they went in to prepare themselves, and allowed Angel to use the bathroom first, because she always took so long in the bathroom.So they quickly got ready and went to the leaving room,and of course she had to text Rob so that they could meet

On the text

Angel:bes can we meet we are being sent to the market
Rob:sawa wapi?
Angel:Mwamburi
Rob: sawa basi unakuja na kina
a dede?
Angel:poa

Then their mom comes with the list

Angels mom:hiyo lipstick iko too much Angel ebu punguza
Jael:mom jamani iko sawa

Angel's mom:haya nendeni

So then they went and they met Rob. So that was always the trend since Angel's parents were very strict, she used every opportunity she had to meet her best friend who was almost the only friend she had at the time.

Angel was slowly getting attached to rob and Rob on the other side was also getting attached to Angel .So since Angel was an indoors kind of girl ,she never knew so many places in her own village .so who better than her best friend to show her around? whenever she had time, they would explore the village together and of course her having time ,meant her been sent on an errand and taking forever.

They were really going round the village ,they even started repeating their favorite places since their village was quite small they had almost exhausted the place.

So one of the friends of angel's Dad kept seeing them together wherever they went, and coincidentally whenever they we're out together they kept meeting him. So things were becoming too much according to him, he had to report the matter to his best friend, and he eventually did.

So one particular evening the lights went off, and As usual whenever lights went off Angel and her sisters would light the candles.So that day their father stormed in ,looking like he was ready to beat someone up.

Angels father to her mom : yule kijana anatembea na angel ni nani?

Angel's mom:mimi sijui mwulize mwenyewe

Father to angel:ni kijana Yupi unazunguka nayeye kila mahali?

Angel:yu yu .....yupi huyo..? Ah ni yule rafiki yangu tu

Father to angel: we we ni mimi uniambia ni rafiki yako tuu? Acha nikuambie mamii, ivi vile unaendelea nakwambia utakuja juta.watu wale wamepata magonjwa kama ukimwi walianza tu ivi, kama wewe.Tena inaonekana ata mlikua mnamisbehave ndio mana watu walikua wanakuja kuniambia ivi

Angel:Dadi ukweli tena Rob ni rafiki yangu

Angel's dad:nonsense!I am a man and I know how men think! kama umechoka na maisha olewa nijue nimebaki nawatoto wangu wawili.wewe umemaliza form four juzi unajua mapenzi ni nini tayari, heeh mamii unajua wanaume wewe lakini??unajua wanaume?heeh.Mamii kama hutaki kusoma sema na mapema uondoke kwa nyumba yangu ukija uje kusalimia.

Angel:sawa Dadi nimesikia(teary Angel responds lightly)

Angel's Dad: sio kuskia tu ama wewe hujaona examples. Good and bad examples are everywhere So chaguo ni lako mamii kama utakimbizwa na wanaume ama ni nini itakukimbiza.Nisisikie tena mambo ya huyo kijana

Suddenly the lights come back

Angels Mum: thank goodness stima imerudi nione kipindi changu jamani.

Angel's Dad: mi naenda kuona mpira

Angel's mum: Ata hujakaa so haya

So he left the house and went to watch football with his friends

Angel's mum after the dad left:Angel umeskia mamii, kama mumepangwa na Mungu mtakua kama hamjapangwa hamuwezi kua ,Usijali mwanangu sawa.

So Angel went to her bed, and busted into tears while texting rob and she
had to narrate the whole story to him.