Chapter 1

John's PoV:

"Hey, Papa." My lovely little son said. "Heyy, little buddy. How are you doing bud?" I asked him. He slid towards me, giggling on his stomach, "I'm okay, Papa!!". I laughed at him, "Haha, okay bud... dinner will be ready soon." I told him, turning back to the kitchen. I stirred the deep red liquid that was soup and and reached up to grab the bread to go with it. Swiftly I took the bowls out of the cupboard and poured the rich, creamy soup into three bowls. I buttered the bread and layed everything out neatly on the table. "Ant, dinners ready" I called him.

Suddenly, my master came through the door. "Hey, whore. Dinner better be ready!!" Thomas told him strictly. "I- It is, m-m-master..." I stuttered, not wanting to get hurt anymore that I already was. Thomas banged his fist on the table, "Why is this stupid little orphan still here? Have you fed him MY dinner?!?" He shouted furiously. Thomas got up and grabbed Ant by the collar and dragged him into his room. "You listen to me, brat. You stay here... and don't come out! Okay?" He said sternly, hitting his perfect lil face. At that point I couldn't take no more, I ran in there and picked up my son... shielding him from the monster that he had to call Dad. "L-leave him alone!!" I told him, standing up for myself and him at the same time. I stood shaking in the corner as Thomas raised his hand to his belt, taking it out slowly. Just before he could hurt me however, there was a knock at the door. I rushed to open it, lil Anthony still in my arms and there before me was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. Politely I asked for his name, before letting him in. He said that his name was James Madison.

I ushered him in and went to get Thomas. "There is a man here to see you, he said his name is James Madison." I told Thomas. "Ah yes, thank you Laurens" Thomas said, aware of the fact that James could hear him. Thomas walked towards James, sitting down on the sofa. "So what brings you here?" Thomas asked James. " I'm here on work business, Thomas." James said strictly. "Oh?" Thomas replied. "Hamilton's new financial state is nothing less than government control, I've been fighting for the south alone... where have you been?" James asked urgently. Before Thomas could speak, Anthony started crying loudly most likely wanting attention from his papa. Thomas looked me in the eye, giving me the "don't move" stare. Silently I nodded, and Thomas went back to his conversation with James.