I woke up early the next morning early around 5. I yawned and stood up, I had been in this routine for years, I woke up early to re clean the house and make Matt's breakfast. But I didn't have to anymore. I quietly made my way to the door so i didn't wake nooka. I slipped out and walked into the living room section of the conjoined kitchen and living room. I may as well clean up. I started by dusting the shelves and frames littering her walls and beating out the odd throw rug and couch cushions. I then swept up all the dust and dirt off the hardwood and linoleum floors. Then going to the kitchen, bleached the counter tops, and stove. Swept again, and washed the few dishes in the sink. When I was done I heard her alarm go off it was around 6. I began making breakfast, eggs and bacon. When it was done nooka was walking down the hall, I set her food down and plated myself a little bit. She walked i and smiled, "wow sure smells good, and holy clean, you didn't have to I would have done it" I only smiled. "Its the least I could do since your letting me stay here". She came over to me and gave me a gentle hug. I flinched, it had been a long time since I'd had any physical contact that wasn't harmful. She noticed but didn't let on. She sat down and began eating and so did i.
"Oh I forgot, I went out last night and picked up a few things for you, including some vitamin tablets, with the small amount you can eat you arnt going to be able to get all the beccesary nutrients, and Until we can get you eating normally these will make up for that". She smiled handing me a bottle of vitamins. " I don't know what to say, thanks so much"  She smiled again "it's not a problem you needed them". We both ate in a comfortable silence. When we finished I washed the dishes and got dressed into a long sleeve black sweater and a pair of mid wash jeans. Nooka came in and handed me a burner phone "I picked this up so that you could call me if you needed, it's temporary until we can get you a better one, my number is already programmed in the contacts". I smiled " I can pay you back I'm not broke" I then went into my backpack an pulled out 50 to cover all of stuff she bought me. I handed it to her but she just pushed it back at me. "Dont worry about it, my treat. And if you need to call or text me I always have my phone on me". I thanked her again. I then followed her into the living room. "Anyway, I gotta get going, feel free to do whatever, but if you do go out, take the pepper spray in the top drawer of your dresser, don't want you defenceless now do we?" She smiled and walked out the door at the end of the hall. I waved goodbye and she waved back. Now that i thought about it I needed to go out anyway, I gotta go job hunting, my parent's inheritance will only take me so far and i don't want to be leaching off of nanooka's charity forever. I walked into my room and pulled out the pepper spray, and a spare key nooka gave me. I pulled on my simple black zip up jacket and put my wallet, key, and pepper spray in the pockets and sealed the one with my wallet, I wasn't in the mood for pick-pockets. I walked out the door and followed the signs to the stairs and down to the main lobby, it was a nice apartment building, very quiet and clean. But the silence disapated as i stepped out onto the busy Pittsburg streets. I imeadiantly noticed I was in the small business district becauseof the multitude of small shops. I walked to a small dollar store at the end of the street, I walked in and browsed around for a few things I thought I would need. I picked up a small purse with a zipper, a green lanyard and a feather keychain to keep my house key on, a cute hardcover notebook and a pack of simple black gel pens i thought gel pens wrote the best , and a few groceries, some milk, bread, eggs, and cheese. I brought everything home after paying and put the groceries away. I put my phone, notebook, pens, and lanyard with my key on it in my purse and went back down, walking up and down the street applying to a few shops who had help wanted signs, but there was one shop that i realy liked that was hiring, a mystic and herbal remedies shop that also sold witchcraft items, I also picked up a quartz necklace that was supposed to protect you against negative energy and attract good energy and luck, which I hope works, because I am going to need all the good vibes I can get and as much luck I can get to help me with my new life.
I got back to the building just as nooka was and we laughed a little at the coincadence, i also got nooka matching necklace as a thank you. She loved it. I went and made dinner while nooka showered and cleaned up. I made simple spaghetti and meatballs but it was still delicious. "So what were you doing all day?" Nooka asked. "Oh just going around applying to different shops for jobs, and picking up the odd and end here and there. How was work?" I asked genuinely interested. She sighed, "not the greatest but not the worst either, just a few douche bags here and there that got on me about something wrong with the merchandise they were sold, but that's the life of someone in retail". She and i finished eating and she insisted on helping me wash the dishes. We had a small water fight, she started it by flicking water onto my muzzle, and it escalated from there. After that we both went to bed tired from the day. But I didn't sleep all that well, it was riddled with nightmares about Matt finding me and dragging me back to my old life. But each time I woke up I reminded myself I was safe and that he wouldn't be able to hurt me ever again.