~•Nine•~

Family is the heart of the home. Any home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Apollo's POV•~

We sat in the guest chairs for another 2 hours until Danube woke up again. Lake, being the jokester she is, decided to tease him a little bit.

"Hey sleepyhead! Enjoy your nap?" She ruffled his hair a little, making him giggle. "Yea. It was nice.."
He laid back a little bit and almost drifted back to sleep...then he came in.

"Babe~!" Oh dear god, not this idiot again. I never said I LIKE him, i'll just tolerate him, for Danube's sake. He walked over to Danube and gave him a soft hug and kissed his cheek. It almost made my stomach churn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How you doing babe?" Justin asked caressing Danube's hair. "I'm fine.. just tired.." Justin noticed that he was skinnier than usual. "Hey, how long has it been since you ate?"

"I don't know like, 2 or 3 days maybe?" The room went silent once he said that. His parents had concerned looks on their faces, while Lake and Apollo looked very worried. Justin looked at him kinda shocked.

"Why are you all staring at me like that...?" Danube asked, starting to get a bit scared. Lake came over to him in worry. "Why the heck haven't you eaten?? Your gonna die if you don't eat!!"

"I just lost my appetite, I guess.. but I'm fine! A little stomach pain here and there but i'm totally fine!" After saying that, the nurse came in, which put everyone on edge a bit.

"Um. We need to talk to the parents for a few minutes.." Their father got up reluctantly but walked out with the nurse outside. A few minutes went by and he still wasn't back.

"Imma be honest, that nurse was kinda hot." Justin added in, trying to lighten up the mood. "True.." Apollo actually agreed with him.

Lake and Danube looked at him crazy like and started laughing hard. "SERIOUSLY??" Lake laughed so hard she was on the floor and in tears, same for Danube, still in the bed though.

Apollo blushed and clicked his tongue but chuckled a little bit. He liked to see his little siblings happy. Once that whole thing was over, their dad came back into the room with a worried and depressed look on his face. He sat next to their mother and whispered something on her and showed her some papers. As soon as she read them, she got teary eyed and silent.

Lake looked over at the two and got worried. "What happened?" Their mother dried her tears and sighed heavily. She honestly was horrified by what she saw on that paper. "Danube...when the doctor looked at your physical health.. he said your under weight-"

"No i'm not. I'm fine." Danube interrupted his mother, not wanting to hear the truth. He looked down at his lap, trying to ignore every word, but the doctor came in. He saw Danube in the state he was in and sighed. "You told him?" His mother looked up, and shaking her head softly. The doctor saw this coming and sat in the chair next to Danube's hospital bed. He looked up at him, trying to be blunt but gentle he said, "Danube.. i'm afraid you have anorexia."

Apollo and Lake's eyes widened at looked at their brother. Justin on the other hand, was heartbroken. The love of his life, having a potentially life taking disorder, just made his heart sink. He tried to hold in his tears, trying to stay strong for his partner, but shed a few tears, trying to wait until the doctor was finished talking. "Danube, you have denied yourself food for days or even weeks on end, if you don't stop and try to change, you could get sick or even die from this. This is not to be taken lightly and is very serious."