#22: To Those Who are Left Behind

To Those Who are Left Behind

One day, I know I'll miss you. Maybe not by mind, but by heart and soul. Who knows when, who knows how.

It could be whenever I go outside of the house for a walk; looking at the space beneath the gates where you once stood, when you've asked me for a date.

Or maybe whenever I visit our old friends. We both know they'll tease me through and through.

And until then, I cannot help but close my eyes, feel the breeze, and imagine you're here with me, listening and smiling along the teases.

Or could be one of these days, when I visit the same old places which all stood as witnesses on how our awkward silences suddenly turned into sweet nothings.

I'll be ravished by all the memories, and then on, I know I'll miss you. I will, really hard.

Because that is the most heartbreaking part of being left.

You're the one who will live on the same street, walk on the same grass, and breathe the same air as you two have once trailed before.

You'll see the same scenes, but not the same person in them.

You'll close your eyes, in anticipation of the histories you've shared, only to open them with tears flowing like a stream of endless longing and regret.

It's like continuously trying to time travel back to that fleeting moment of being together and constantly realizing it's not happening again.

It's sad... the feeling of being left behind. But I wish you'd let me know how it feels to leave the ones you love behind.

TTWALB. 04252019.