Chapter 1(rv)

A/N: This is our main girl and if you know who she is, let me know please. I found her on Pinterest but then lost her once more. I'd appreciate the help! Enjoy!

I jolt up with a startle and turn to look at the digital alarm that's blaring one of the rock songs Jonathan was once obsessed with in his teen years.

I sigh and roll over on the bed to cut off the deafening sound. Looking at the alarm, I notice the red lines made up to form a 6:30. A groan escapes my lips and I decide it's still early, I'll be up at seven and get ready, no biggie. So I do close my eyes and rest for a while.

A muffled bang on my window wakes me up from my nap and I look at the window to see a bird clumsily flapping its wings and flying away. That really happens? I thought they trained the birds in movies to do that.

I shake my head and get out of my bed before making my way to my ensuite. The full length mirror reflects something I've gotten used to in the morning. A girl with grey eyes with dry tears at the corners. Wild Chestnut hair in a tangled mess and the dry drool at the corner of her mouth. Let's not forget the powder blue pyjamas. Typical morning Lilian.

I rub my eyes and walk over to the shower, turning the hot water knob six times and the cold water knob five times. I shed my clothes and step into the water, a satisfied sigh leaving my lips at the warm water. I continue with my daily routine and leave the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and my hair neatly brushed.

I head to my closet and pick out a denim dungaree with a white tank that has buttons at the front. I pair it with a low top white converse. I tie my hair in a ponytail and grab my backpack. I glance at the clock and my breath hitches as I sputter. "7:20!" I exclaim and haul my butt out of my room, tumbling down the stairs into the kitchen. I grab an apple and my brother's car keys before running to the driveway where I normally park when I'm home alone.

My parents are usually travelling for work and my brother is an engineer, he's currently based in England and I have a feeling he's going to stay there from now on. Mom and dad are both in to culinary arts. Dad is a chef and is also an estate agent and mom is a baker. They own a hotel in Chicago and have bed and breakfasts and motels in other cities as well, that's the reason they both travel a lot. I totally understand their reason for not being here but it gets really lonely at times, especially since my brother left.

I start the engine of the matte grey VW TSI and buckle up before fixing my rearview mirror and backing out of the driveway.

Wait, did I tell you my name? No?
Well hi, my name's Lilian Freakly.

Hey guys!

Well... What do you think? It's a complete contrast with the first version of chapter one but I feel it's more enjoyable and not cringe ya know.

Anyway, tell me what you think and I'll see you on the next rewrite.

Ur grl
Hlahla 🍎🍏