Chapter 3 (rv)

Lit!" Conner's voice snaps me out of my thoughts as I was walking towards an empty table, my thoughts consumed with Jordan and his extremely demeaning words.

"Lit, come here!" He hollers again, making me change my direction and head towards him at the table he's seated at. 

Connor is my childhood best friend, oh and he's also my only friend. I'm not a social butterfly so shoo! We met in kindergarten when we swapped lunches cause we didn't enjoy what we both got and we've been inseparable ever since. He's a really nice looking guy with dark blonde hair and the warmest brown eyes I know. He stands at 5"11 and a half, as he always points out. He's in the school's football team and plays whatnot (I forgot). Our friendship is kinda strange to be honest 'cause I'm not popular and he kinda is but we promised friends forever and it's been thirteen years so I'm sure we're slowly but steadily heading to that forever. 

To others we shouldn't mix up but together we make the best brownies, literally. Get it? We don't mix up but we make the best brownies? Oh, never mind.

As I'm getting closer, Ian Williams and Luke Romano sit down with Connor. What the fudge do they want there? I hope Jordan did not send them because of what I did in the morning. But he seemed happy. I don't think it's about that, right? Yeah, right.

Ian and Luke are Jordan's best friends. They are also very popular and if I must add, cute. I'm a teenage girl and I'm really not afraid to point out beauty when I see it.

Standing at 5"11, Ian is the shortest in the group. His dark hair and eyes make him stand out, not to mention his flawless face and flirty personality. He's the player in their group.

Luke is the mute of the group, barely talks to anyone besides his friends and doesn't care about all these girls throwing themselves at him. He only focuses on his phone and I'm starting to think his life kinda depends on it.

Them sitting at a table where my friend is comes off as a shock to me 'cause they never did before. I know my friend is popular so I'm kinda used to one of the popular people starting conversations with him or sitting with us during lunch but these guys never bothered to do so before and to top it all off, I kinda had an encounter with their friends earlier this morning so, I'm not sure if they're here for him or me.

I slow my pace and walk like no one's waiting for me, maybe they'll leave. I look around the cafeteria and make eye contact with Jordan; with Kimberley sitting on his lap. At least he won't be joining his friends anytime soon.

He continues to stare at me and I can't look away either. It's like I'm stuck in a trance. He's pulled away when Kimberly holds his face and smashes her lips on his. And... Moment ruined.

Wait, what moment? There was no moment there! No moment. None!

I will myself and quicken my steps as I see that the duo seated with Connor is not making a move to go."Hey. Guys?" I greet making sure to point out my confusion.

"Took you long enough." Connor scolds playfully before flashing me his cute dimpled smile. "Sorry sir, it won't happen again." I remark sarcastically and roll my eyes whilst chuckling at his playful demeanor. I place my tray on the table and sit down, taking a bite of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. 

I look around the cafeteria actively avoiding the two beings seated with us. I'm sure they're not here because of me, maybe there was something they were discussing with Connor. I turn to look at said Connor with a raised eyebrow. He turns and looks at me mimicking my confused face.

I roll my eyes and motion to Ian who is busy playing with fries and Luke who is... On his phone. The usual.

Connor finally understands and his lips form an 'O'. I discreetly roll my eyes at his stupidity at some things and nod my head yes, smiling whilst I wait for him to explain our kind visit. Note the sarcasm.