Jesse Williams

Ok, so I'm Roo from the future! Good to meet you all! I just wanted to say that not all the chapters are like... this. I promise that they get better lol. Just skip through if you wanna find a better one. I won't be offended :P

Here I was yet again, sting in the back of my English class, watching Annabeth Chase from afar. She was basically the most desired person in the school, other than Percy Jackson, of course. Those two absolutely despised each other. Anyway! Back to me. I've had this crush on Annabeth for awhile now. She's always been nice to me and I think I have a shot!

"Jesse, are you listening?" It was Mr. Blofis.

"Yes, Mr. Blofis" my response was totally monotone and earned a few snickers.

The bell rung and there was a rush to get to lunch. Annabeth joined a few of her girlfriends at their normal table. Percy Jackson walked in. Basically every girl turned to look at him. He was almost definitely the hottest guy in school. With his stupid wind swept hair and sea green eyes it was shocking that he didn't have a girlfriend.

He looked around and locked eyes with Annabeth. It was a pretty well known fact that they hated each other. This could spell disaster.

Percy did a dramatic wink at her. I expected him to get slapped at the very least. Instead, Annabeth giggled and turned back to her friends who were all rolling their eyes and laughing. Annabeth Chase does not giggle.

The entire cafeteria held still for a few seconds, wondering what had just happened.

As things went back to normal I wondered why he hadn't gotten judo flipped.

I walked out of school behind Annabeth, psyching myself up. I was about to ask her to the movies.

"Hey, Annabeth?" I could hear my voice shaking.

"Oh! Jesse, right?"

"Oh, um, yeah! I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie this weekend?" I knew there was a blush spreading across my face.

"Oh I'm sorry! I'm not really into you that way." She was looking me straight in the eyes, as if challenging me to disagree.

"It's totally fine! I guess I'll see you Monday!" I felt warmth rising to my cheeks as I walked away. Now, you're probably wondering, 'aren't you gonna fight for her?' And the answer is no. I like to think I'm a fairly respectful person, and arguing with people about their feelings isn't really my thing.

PE on Monday was a nightmare.

(I love to be cliche so I'm sorry)

Our gym teacher insisted that we must take self defense courses. Apparently one of them is sword fighting?? Like, when are we gonna use that??

"Now, I believe we have a few students from a training camp in Long Island who know how to use this stuff. I would like to invite them up to the help."

Annabeth and most of her friends stood up and walked to the center of the gym. It didn't really surprise me that much, she was super athletic.

She glanced over a Percy and raised her eyebrows. He just shrugged.

"Now we need volunteers to spar with them."

Percy's hand shot up. I rolled my eyes, knowing he was about to get his ass beat. He walked over to the sparing swords and picked one up, tossing it in his hand. Annabeth walked forward and grabbed one as well.

Now, we all knew Percy was athletic, he was captain of the swim team after all, but we never expected what we got.

They began to circle each other, both completely focused. Annabeth was the first to strike, lunging forward and making a small sweeping motion at his side while moving around to avoid his blade. He simply looked bored and deflected it. They traded blows a few more times before Percy really got engaged. He grinned and then lunged, flicking his wrist and landing a shot.

She barely flinched as the blade made contact with her side. They matched each other once again and began to actually land hits. Finally, Percy smirked and twisted around, coming up behind her and poking her back lightly.

We all stood there wondering what they were doing. Then Percy grabbed her hands and spun her around, bring them chest to chest. I was surprised he wasn't dead yet, honestly.

Annabeth grinned, put her hands around his neck, and kissed him.

I felt the gym freeze. Percy just smiled into the kiss like he wasn't kissing his ultimate rival, like this was completely normal.

Then someone yelled, "What the hell?"

They pulled away, smiled, and then Percy said, "oh yeah, we've been dating for like, a year and half."

What the actual hecc

Ok! well this is absolutely terrifying! Normally I would be making excuses as to any mistakes and all that! but not today!! constructive criticism is welcomed! emphasis on constructive! I hope you enjoyed!

 PS! I know this was short! I am not particularly good at longer stories but I'm working on it! aaannd there we go again with the excuses! bai