McKenna Allan

I had rushed out of the building as soon as I had been dismissed, it was the final day of school and I couldn't wait to escape the hellhole. I soon began to regret this when my phone buzzed with a text from my mom, who was going to be 20 minutes late because she had gotten caught up at bridge club or something.

A car pulled into the circle drive. I had never seen it before, which was odd, because in my four years at this school I had managed to memorize the cars of everyone in my class, and because seniors were the only students who had a half day today it wasn't one of the underclassmen.

The seniors were milling around saying goodbye to some friends, but a few had also noticed the new car and were glancing at it every once in awhile. The chatter died down when the driver got out of the car. I'm not gonna lie, he was hot. I was surprised to find that he was walking towards me of all people.

He smiled when he reached me. "I was wondering if you knew where to find Annabeth Chase?" Annabeth? The only person who was ever nice to me Annabeth?

"Oh, um, yeah, she's usually in the...um... library. Here, I'll show you." I got of the bench I had been sitting on and led him to the door. We walked through the halls in awkward silence. We walked into the commons and he put up his hand, I stopped and looked at him, curious.

"I hear her." I raised an eyebrow. It was completely silent. He walked down the hall and I let my curiosity get the best of me, I followed him. 

"Thank you for a great year! You were a great teacher!" I could practically hear the guy rolling his eyes. He turned to me and put a finger over his lips. I nodded and he crept into the classroom. I poked my head around the doorframe, Annabeth's back was to the door. The guy put his hand to his lips again, signaling him to be quiet.

He was about a foot away from her when she pulled a stick out of her boot and whirled around, the end of it at his throat. He grinned, she dropped the stick.

"Seaweed Brain?" He laughed.

"Wise Girl." Her teacher looked extremely confused. I leaned against the doorframe, watching as she threw herself at him. They were both laughing like there was no tomorrow.

As we walked out of school Annabeth hopped on his back and he chuckled, "Wise Girl, you know your book bag is really heavy, right?"

"I do indeed, Seaweed Brain, but the thing about that is I don't care." He stopped. She rolled her eyes. "c'mon, Perce you're not gonna be that petty, are you?" He dropped her. "Percy!!" She screamed.

"I didn't think you'd scream that loud!" He was doubled over laughing. She got up and slapped him arm. Hard. He rubbed it. "geez, Wise Girl, that hurt." She smirked,

"Now you have to carry my book bag, because you were a jerk." 

We continued down the hall, I followed a few feet behind, feeling like an awkward third wheel. I watched as they laughed and held hands and were so together

When we reached the door Annabeth turned to me, "Hey, thanks for showing Perce where to find me, McKenna!" I laughed.

"He heard you talking, I just led him to the commons." She rolled her eyes, but she was smiling.

"He would've been hopelessly lost without you, he has this habit of getting lost in mazes and then finding mortal girls to lead him out." I tilted my head, wondering what that meant.

"Hey, I was pretty much told to go find Rachel." She pushed him playfully.

"I was kidding, dear."

We said our goodbyes. They got into Percy's car, laughing about something Percy said. I watched them drive away. I settled myself back onto my bench and pulled out my phone, but this time I had a smile on my face.

Hi, oh my worddddddddd. I logged on yesterday and we hit 1k reads which is absolutely INSANE!! Thank you guys so much!! I honestly never thought this would happen. Thanks to those of you who have left comments et cetera, it helps keep me writing so much!! Also a huge thank you to my wonderful friend (yes, friend singular, sad I know) who has encouraged me to keep going! And one last thank you to a former friend who encouraged me to post this, I wish I could've been friends with you and kept my sanity.

~Roo