Two Player Game (Part 2)

fyi: this is not a song from any musical.
song: Crystal Kingdom Verse 3 by Griffin McElroy

~saved from the darkness by my child~

It's few days after that one Halloween night, when Lila had started her act. She stopped looking at, mentioning, and looking at pictures of Luna. Her other friends helped her prove her belief even further. Her friends provided more evidence of reasons to leave Luna behind as well. They saved Lila from focusing too much time on someone who was too toxic and neglecting of old friends.

~locked in a cage of glass and steel~

Its been a month, probably, and Lila now gives no shits towards Luna. She was once trapped in her room, staring at pictures of what once were, what the two used to have, but now non-existent.

~but my true love remains in exile, beckoning me to break the seal~

Luna hadn't noticed yet, as far as Lila is aware. And honestly? Lila couldn't care less at this point, and the once act of disregard, became true. She was left behind all for drugs and sex. So why spare Luna attention? Luna was still doing drugs; was still having sex; was not giving any hints of apologizing or towards Lila at all. It was like she never even knew Lila in the first place.

(But, if you look closely, very closely, you might notice Luna cast a glance at Lila at least once a day. And her eyes, for a half of a second, look like they're filled with regret and longing. Then her eyes go back to her new group, and acts as if she never looked off to the side.)

~into this Crystal Kingdom~

What once was 'Luna' this and 'Luna' that, became 'Today I' and 'Over the weekend we should..' after the end of December. Lila ended a year of toxicity and started a year of true friendship.

What once was love, then pain, then recovery, became truth, friendship, and love.

God, Lila loves this new year already and her new girlfriend. The one that stuck with her through everything and through all the drama.

Beatrix Bernard.

Hey y'all, got the second part out! I have an idea for a third part, but I want to actually script it out a bit first for once. All I'll tell you about it, is that the song will be Crystal Kingdom Verse 4, by Griffin McElroy.