Whatever You Say

Okay. I know you don't normally reply to a stranger, but what am I supposed to do? Some random person, that's six repeated mind you, just texted, asking me if we could move our supposed "Saturday Brunch" to Sunday because "God" is being "pissy again." Now, let's see, should I be smart to just don't reply and just block the number? Or should I just text "Wrong number you texted, pal" and see where it goes from there?

...

The latter sounds hopefully more amusing. Hence why I'm already pressing send.

Wouldn't it be scarily funny if this were Satan himself? That'd be crazy!

*DING*

Oh, they've already responded? That was quick. What'd they say?

UNKNOWN: No, I've got the right number. You're Esther and you are an author,

currently writing your new short story, Two Player Game, and it's based off

of your breakup from over a year ago with a girl named Willow and how you got

together with another girl named Lilith, and you two are still together right now.

Beautiful name might I add.

How did they-

How do they know who-?

What the hell is going on?

ESTHER: Who the hell are you and how do you know this stuff about me???

UNKNOWN: Honestly Darling, can you really not tell who I am by my number?

Not even a single living soul could ever get a number that is all 6's, let alone a 666

area code.

ESTHER: Sure, whatever you say, bub. We'll just have to wait till then and see, huh?

'SATAN': Whatever trips your trigger. Go get sleep.

ESTHER: What

'SATAN': Go get sleep.

ESTHER: No, not that. The other thing you said.

[SEEN AT 00:44]

What the hell? If that is truly "Lucifer," why would he tell me to get sleep? How does he even know all this about me and know what time it is here?

Probably just a hacker.

I don't need sleep; I need to finish this before I do anything else. My good inspiration only comes to me at night and I need to get it all written down before I forget it all. God, writing takes a lot out of us writers, huh?

*DING*

What now?

'SATAN': Sleep. Or we might end up seeing each other sooner than expected.

Put down the pencil and go sleep.

How does he even know this stuff? Is he spying on me or something?

I guess if Satan "himself" tells you to sleep, then you go to sleep.

————————

God. I really needed that 5 ½ hours of sleep, huh? I guess Satan was right for once?

SATAN: "For once?"

ESTHER: How the hell. I didn't even say that out loud, how the hell did you

Know that??

SATAN: I can hear anything that concerns me or mentions me, including

thoughts.

ESTHER: Unlikely, but okay

SATAN: Just because the Bible says I'm horrible, doesn't mean I actually am.

ESTHER: Oh, believe me, I know

SATAN: Oh?

[SEEN AT 06:54]

Now that he's gone, let's get to attempting at that story.

————————