Chapter Ten

Kiera sat there in front of the fire with Kadmi as they felt their future children move with in Keria. They were happy…

X

Keria grabbed the bed posts, biting the blanket with enough force behind the bite it would have killed someone. The wind whipped as the worst snowstorm swept over the five kingdoms, Keria went into labor while waiting for her husband to get home. The baby kicked as it pushed its way out.

“My queen you need to stop pushing.”

Keria cried, “I can’t the baby is coming.”

The bells chimed throughout the kingdom bringing the good news… that the queen had given birth to a baby boy. Soon after that the bells chimed once more telling the whole kingdom that the queen gave birth to baby girl and that she was well.

                    X

    Keria laid there in her bed coated in sweat as the pains of labor had left her body as the healer and the servants cleaned her new born children. The door opened and Kadmi walked in going straight for the bed,

“ I heard the bells ring, are you alright?”

Keria looked up at him smiling, “ I want to meet our children.”

The healer handed the baby boy to Kadmi and the baby girl to Keria.

“What are you going to name them?”

Keira looked at her husband who spoke, “Tsu'Tey and Monique.”

    {It is tradition for the husband to name the children and the women to take care of the children.}

After a few hours they all left the newer royal family in the room a they cuddled the newborns. But as always time flies, Tsu'tey and Monique grew into little children, not ever knowing what ever laid outside the castle's walls. Their favorite willow tree stood in the middle of the garden, where Tsu'tey and Monique would lay there with their parents watching the clouds go by.

“Monique, why do you keep looking at the wall?” Kadmi asked.

“I am just wondering what is outside the walls.”

Keria and Kadmi looked at each other as Monique and Tsu'tey began to daydream of what was beyond the walls.

Keira laughed.

    Soon they both turned 1000 years of age where they are old enough to learn what their powers and beast were. Tsu’tey got his first. Monique would always wait for him to get home from training, but there were some days where he won’t come home along with dad, sometimes they didn’t come home for a good four weeks.

The castle was quiet while they were gone, Monique walked the halls with her mother as she learned about the duties of a queen,

“Mother when will I be able to use my powers?” Monique asked one day.

“I don’t know hun, but give it time, okay?”

Monique smiled, “Okay.”

Five weeks passed by, Tsu'tey and Kadmi were still not home.”

                    X

Monique stood in front of her mirror brushing her hair. Then a lump in her throat started to build up… running to her bathroom she threw up blood over and over again and it didn’t stop. She reached for the service rope, calling one of her servants in. The maid walked in.

“My lady, you called for me.”

Hearing her in the bathroom, throwing up, the maid rushed over to the door and opened it, seeing blood all over the floor, then seeing Monique pale, her skin white from all the blood that she threw up. The maid walked on the nonbloody spots and stripes Monique of her clothes, revealing a skin and bone, shaking body. She held Monique and started the water filling the tub with hot water to calm the already shaking body. Placing Monique in the tub, she turned and started to clean the blood, calling in another servant to help her. A third servant came in and was told to get Monique’s mother.