Chapter Nine

So what are you exactly?” Summer asked, expecting a stupid answer.

           Monique walked up the steps to stand right next to Summer to answer. Monique looked down at Summer, “I am a shifter.”

“What does that mean?” another student asked.

“That means while I’m in my human, I have another form that is much older… something that none of you have heard of.”

After she had said that the class started to open up and asking more and more questions.  Monique answered the ones that she wanted to and she’d laughed at the really stupid questions. Thakira watched as Monique walk back down the stairs… Thakira could feel her eyes change and the lack of feeder blood, her thirst getting the best of her.

“What's wrong with her?” a student asked.

Monique looked to Thakira whose thirst was hanging on by a thread, walking over to her she whispered, “You need to keep control.”

“I can't.”

Thakira’s outburst scared the students, as she pushed Monique to the side, walking to the students. Monique stepped in front of her spreading out her wings, “Thakira, calm down, take some of my blood.”

Thakira calmed as she looked at Monique who was holding her wrist up to her. Monique nodded to Thakira while she pushed her wrist to her mouth only stopping when she had felt Thakira’s fangs touch her skin.

Monique looked away as Thakira fed in front of the whole class.

“Teacher, how are we even safe around them if they can’t even control their thirst?” Summer called out.

Thakira had just finished,  “Sorry about that, I guess hunting a murderer stopped me from taking care of my body.”

{More of a growl than a human voice}

Monique didn’t stop the truth coming out, “It's true. While you guys are safe here we are risking our lives to keep your school safe, Summer.”

Vicky spoke up, “ Can you tell us more about your childhood?”