- playlist

YOU GET ME SO HIGH
by the neighborhood
"used to stick together. you're my best friend, i'll love you forever — if you can just let me know if it's okay to call you when i'm lonely."

"hope you don't regret it, i pushed a lot back but i can't forget it. we never got the credit. nobody seemed to hear us but we said it."

DADDY ISSUES
by the neighborhood
"go ahead and cry little girl, nobody does it like you do. i know how much it matters to you. i know that you got daddy issues. and if you were my little girl, i'd do whatever i could do. i'd run away and hide with you."

"i keep on trying to let you go, not even let you know, how i'm getting on. i didn't cry when you left at first, but now that you're dead it hurts — i'm not entirely here, half of me has disappeared."

UMBRELLA
by rihanna
"when the sun shines, we shine together.
told you i'll be here forever. said i'll always be your friend, took an oath that i'm a stick it out 'til the end. now that it's raining more than ever, know that we still have each other."

"these fancy things will never come in between. you're part of my entity, here for infinity. when the world has took its part, when the world has dealt its cards, if the hand is hard, together we'll mend your heart."

GOLDEN
by travie mccoy (feat. sia)
"you got that look in your eyes, eyes. i can tell you had bad dreams last night. let me me take you in my arms you can cry, cry. let me love you 'til you feel alright. 'cause i am yours you are mine, you are mine, mine. not going anywhere, i am standing by your side. i will love you 'til the end of time, time. i will love you 'til the day we die."

"don't fear, baby, 'cause you and me are golden. when you can't breathe, it's you that i'll be holdin'. yes, i'm all in, through thick and thin. this is good loving, you and me are golden."

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS
by foreigner
"i want to know what love is, i want you to show me. i want to feel what love is, i know you can show me."

"now this mountain i must climb, feels like the world upon my shoulders. through the clouds i see love shine, it keeps me warm as life grows colder. in my life there's been heartache and pain. i don't know if i can face it again. can't stop now, i've traveled so far, to change this lonely life."

DEEP END
by birdy
"i don't know if you mean everything to me. and i wonder, can i give you what you need? don't want to find i've lost it all. too scared to have no one to call. so can we just pretend that we're not falling into the deep end?"

"someone told me that i'll want more. that i'll feel half empty, ripped and torn. they say there'd be plenty other hands to hold. now i wish they'd told me long ago — you've gone quiet, you don't call. and nothing's funny anymore. and i'll keep trying to help you heal. i'll stop you crying and dry your tears."

LIGHT
by sleeping at last
"i'll give you everything i have. i'll teach you everything i know. i promise i'll do better. i will always hold you close, but i will learn to let you go. i promise i'll do better. i will soften every edge, i'll hold the world to its best, and i'll do better. with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath. and i'll do better."

"you are loved more than you know. i hereby pledge all of my days to prove it so. though your heart is far too young to realize the unimaginable light you hold inside.."

TONGUE
by maribou state
"you made it so obvious, you never gave a damn bout us."

"no time to regret this, what we've done. still i second guess it, cold feet. i'm tripping over my own tongue. lie! love has been and gone and now i'm numb."