1 (third)

A loud bang went off.
Jonathan woke up abruptly and looked at the hall clock. 3:01 am. There was screaming, a girl's.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO, YOU RAT BASTARD! YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME! NO ONE WILL TAKE AVARICE ALIVE!"

One of the orderlies holding her arms punched her in the face, thus rendering girl limp and silent. She stopped kicking and fighting. Jonathan put his glasses on and peered through the bars of his cell. The girl was young, maybe 19 or 20. She had pale, almost white skin, long pink hair and a nice trickle of blood going down her face. One of the doctors lectured the orderly about how his conduct was "against protocol" and this was his "final warning".
Jonathan heard one of the others mutter about her being grateful towards the orderly for shutting the girl up. Jonathan shook his head in disgust. The staff here had no regard for the patients safety or well-being. A few minutes later the girl awoke, being pushed into the patient readying room to change. After a moment, she came out, wearing the ugly blue jumpsuit and regulated slippers everyone wore. The jumpsuit hung off of her and the sleeves drooped off her shoulders. She had stitch marks up and down her arms. The girl was no longer screaming and fighting. Instead she had a large bruise on her temple, and she was silent.
Her eyes were now open, and Jonathan could see her eyes were a neon teal color. She was escorted roughly into a cell next to him and the glass door was closed.

"Everybody go back to sleep!" The orderlies commanded.

The lights were turned off, leaving only the soft glow of the offices still in use. Jonathan took his glasses back off and climbed into his tiny cot. He thought about the strange new girl until he drifted to sleep.