12

I tossed and turned, trying to sleep on the stiff little couch, but to no avail. I went to the kitchen for some chamomile tea, and I found a wide-awake Johnny instead.
"Hey. What're you doing up so late?" I asked.
He was staring off into space. I waved my hand in front of his face. He seemed to snap back.
"Oh. Hello. Although a better question would be; "what are YOU doing up so late?" He asked.
I looked down, suddenly embarrassed.
"I went to get some tea."
He looked at me expectantly.
"I couldn't sleep." I excused.
"You like tea?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Yeah. I spent a lot of time with my sister, practicing making tea and pastries. Sometimes we would eat them. And sometimes, if my mum had a bad day, we would give them to her." I finished quietly.
He had a thoughtful, almost tranquil look on his face. I picked out a chamomile packet, and put it in a mug of water.
"So Helena." He started.
I sighed. "What do you want." I said, wearily.
"Aww, bored of me all ready?" He mocked.
"If you want something, Jonathan," I growled. "You could be a bit sweeter about it." I finished.
It was his turn to sigh. He lifted my chin with two fingers, locking our eyes.
"Helena." He breathed.
"Y-yeah." I stuttered.
"Please do me a favor." He whispered. "
S-sure." I agreed.
He let me go abruptly. "I always get what I want, Helena." He laughed.
I scowled unpleasantly at him.
"You can't pout now, you all ready agreed." He said.
He grabbed by my sleeve.
"You're stretching out my sweater," I complained.
Jonathan didn't reply. He unlocked the lab door, ushering me inside. It was cold and technologically advanced to say the least.
"Sit at that station." Jonathan commanded.
So I did, although I'd be lying if I said "it didn't worry me when snapped on the latex gloves and smirked." He began getting out needles and serums and bottles. It was a bit concerning. Finally, he came over, and wiped the straightened joint of my arm with an alcohol pad.
"So what kind of favor is this?" I asked, trying to sound casual.
"A sexual favor." Jonathan said seriously.
My face drained it's color as my throat tightened. Jonathan took one look at me and laughed.
"I'm kidding, Helena. That was a joke. It's just a blood test." He told me.
"Oh. Okay..."
My voice sounded small. He took the syringe from the package and poked it into a bottle of something. He drew up the pinkish purple liquid and took the needle from the bottle. Jonathan gently flicked the syringe to remove bubbles and my stomach started feeling a bit queasy. "Relax or it'll hurt." He told me. "How can I relax when you're approaching me with a syringe?" I asked, mildly afraid. "Helena, don't you trust me?" He inquired. He looked hurt. "Um...I can't answer that question." I informed him. "Helena...please."He asked, exasperated. I winced as he neared. There was a knock at the door. "Go away. I'm busy." He called to whoever was at the door. I stared at the lab door, wondering who it was. I then laughed to myself. "There's only one other person in this house." I thought. As soon as my thoughts flickered back to what was happening, I felt a sharp pain. I paled at the purple liquid poisoning my veins. I felt sick as I watched it drain from the tube. He removed the needle. "That's all I need. You should get some rest now." He said, putting supplies either away or in the medical waste bin. I got out of the station and gave him a short nod before leaving the lab. I laid on the stiff couch and dreamt of Jonathan.