Chapter 2 {New}

Mark led Jack to his room. When the door opened, it showed two beds on opposite ends, and the room covered with red paint.

"We've already brought some stuff if you were ever wondering where some things went."

"You planned on me being here?" Jack asked, Turing his head towards Mark, waiting for an answer.

"Yes, once we found out that David had a child. If you didn't find this place before you graduated we would have just gotten you ourselves."

"Who is David?"

"David was a- well, he was your dad." Mark rubbed the back of his neck. He couldn't really explain it. They needed to keep it a secret, especially from Jack. There was no reason to raise his expectations and give him more stress.

But Jack stayed silent from the response. He's never seen his real parents from other than a picture he was given. Most of the time he just assumed that they didn't care enough to stay in contact with him.

"Well, you can just do whatever. We have dinner from five to six thirty. Just wait until the sound of the bell. Until then, you can just do whatever. We have maps all over the place if you get lost." Mark informed before slowly closing the door and leaving.

The main reason Jack wasn't completely freaking about was the whole ‘abilities’ thing is that maybe, even if these people where playing with him, he could get away from his pitiful life he's been living.

An escape from the pain that's been caused by someone who was supposed to take care if him... But it's not how his cards have been laid.

When he was just a child, maybe until age seven, he's been loved sweetly by his mother, who he's known that he was adopted, and by their neighbors and school mates.

But after that, it just seemed like there's been unstated rumors floating about him. And people avoiding him as if was a disease. Others hurting him like he'll break one day and never come back.

But Jack has been able to survive without any support. He built walls. His life proved that not everyone you trust should be trusted.

And if he were to get hurt again, then it's on him. It would be his own fault to have trusted again in the first place when the first time never went well.

He sat down on the empty bed, continuing his thoughts.

He just hoped that the people here had better intentions- whatever they were.

Jack, at least, wanted to make a friend, but he found that highly unlikely, and not from his own reasons. The whole town seemed to dislike him and he couldn't help but think that his mother had been the cause of that, the only person to spend enough time with him to see what he was really like in his ups and downs.

He sighed and laid down. He was going to be super screwed if this didn't work.