Chapter 9 {New}

"So... who is she?" Jack asked after wrapping a blanket around himself. It didn't seem like either of them were going back to sleep anytime soon.

"To put it short, she's your psychotic mother." He really didn't want to be blunt but there wasn't an easy way to go around the subject. It's better that Jack knew now rather than when it was too late.

"We've all been trying to find her for years but she always gets away. She's able to change her appearance so now she could look like anyone." Mark paced back and forth. If Jack could feel her then it was bad.

"So it's bad that I've been feeling her get closer?"

"Yes. She's the one that killed your father. At least the world thinks he's dead." Mark crossed his arms and stared at the ground. He needed to come up with a plan if she's back in action

"What does that mean? Is he not dead?" Jack questioned with hope etching it's way into his voice.

"We have possible signs that he's still alive. That's one of the reasons I wanted to find you. But now that Monica is back we'll need him more."

"And what's my play in this plan?" He swung his feet on the bed and laid down. It was one in the morning and he was tired. Yet when he tried to close his eyes the only thing he saw were pictures of her. Monica. And he hated it. But he was still tired, ready to fall asleep now that he had some answers and wasn't too scared any more.

"You're his son so you'll have some sort of unconscious connection with him. We'll be able to fine him faster if we could use that." Mark explained. He too was tired but he managed to get a few hours of sleep while Jack could not.

Jack closed his eyes knowing that he'd eventually fall asleep but at the moment he didn't care. Currently he felt comfortable and safe so he drifted off to sleep with those no longer disturbing images.

...

Mark decided to wait until the morning to make an emergency meeting. It would be better if everyone was wide awake instead of falling asleep in their chair like Jack just did. 

*knock* *knock*

Mark groaned as he lifted himself off the couch, forgetting that he slept on it in the first placed and looked over to his bed to see why. Jack must have wanted company while he slept after the unnerving dreams. It was always more comforting to sleep near someone else.

He went to his door and opened it, finding Bob standing there with a smile on his face, far too big for the morning.

"You do realize you're late, don't you?" He raised an eyebrow at Mark'd bed head.

"Something popped up last night. We need to make an emergency meeting." He tried to flatten his hair as if he didn't just give ominous news.

"Oh." Bob's smile fell as he shifted on his feet. "How bad is it?"

"We need to move our plans ahead. I don't think we have much time... She's back."