Chapter 7

JACK'S P.O.V.

"Can you, please, tell me what happened?" I asked, referring to the incident that happened with my stepmother.

"You seemed to have created an energy blast that was the opposite frequency of her own which caused her to be the only one affected."

"And why is it happening now?" I freaked and pulled my hair.

"Seems that you felt endangered. It was your natural instincts. It verys when it happens. Sometimes as a toddler and sometimes thrity. Which is why I think now is the perfect time to start your education. Now that we know more about you, we can set you up with information that fits."

"If It gives me a break, then absolutely." I said and jumped out of my seat. Never thought I'd be excited to learn something.

...

"I am aware that you still need to finish your other normal classes, but it is important that you learn about your powers first." Mark said as he placed a book on to the oversized desk.

"But even before that, we need to talk about your parents." He said a bit weary.

"It's not a real nice topic, but it needs to be done." He sighed and sat on the desk.

"Your father was not only a powerful man, but his family had a rare ability to be able to gain other powers. Every generation had gained a power and also included ones from previous holders. Do I still have you?" He asked and I nodded.

"We don't know how long the family line was, but we know, from you, that there has been at least three."

"And my mother? From what you say, it's not well."

"At first, your mother would've seemed like a nice, intelligent woman. But her family consisted of people who weren't extraordinary strong. The public only knows her one face. Like I said, she can transform into other forms making her look different. What must've happened was that soon after you were born, She had killed your father Because she thought that it'd be easier to control you. But... no one has seen his body."

"Are you saying that he could be alive?" I asked with hope.

"That's what we're hoping for. We've been receiving pulses, like the one you made. We don't know who's making them but your dad is a possibility. And those pulses-" He started and hopped off the desk and faced me.

"Are what made me find you."

"How?" I asked.

"Unlike what happened with your stepmother, if the frequency that's being put out is the same, then it's like the person is building up with power. They might not know it and others may not tell, but to train professionals, it's easy to feel it."

"That would mean whoever had made those pulses already knew my frequency, or whatever. So it would be someone I knew."

"And that person knows how to hide. That brings me and ny team believe that that person wanted us to find you but not be found themself." Mark smiled.

"Do you think I could find him?" I asked.

"How would you do that?"

"This must have been happening for awhile so you guys must hsve gotten a rough idea to where he is. A few miles at least."

"Yes, we have. What about it?"

"Well, if it is my dad then maybe I could send off something like he did with me." He stared at me, seeming to think, but I don't know what about. But something tells me it wasn't about what I said.

"Um, yea- yeah. Yeah, we can try that." He coughed and turned his head.

...

                                                         MARK'S P.O.V.

"I seem to be having a... problem." I paced back and forth in the room with Cry and Felix.

"What sort of problem?" Felix laughed.

"Well, it's not really a problem. More of a distraction?"

"Do we need to seperate you two?" He teased.

"How did you two manage to keep to yourselves? It's difficult to focus on anything but him. He's all I think about. And wanting to make him happy al-"

"Mark." Felix stopped me.

"Hmm? Yeah? What?" I stopped.

"I think you're experiencing love." He chuckled.

Felix had had a kinda big crush on Marzia. They even dated for awhile. But then he met Cry, where their relationship is growing more everyday. And possibly someday soon, they'll be practically inseparable.