Chapter 4 {New}

"The classrooms are on the other side of the building so you might want to leave here around nine thirty." Mark had woken Jack at seven, right before he leaves to explain some last minute things.

"Then I wanted to take you out to get a suit but you might not be ready for that so we'll hold off on it-"

"Wait- a suit? What for?" Jack's first though that he was going to be forced in an event or some sort of gathering.

"Like a suit to hide you identity. A suit?" Mark didn't really know how else to explain it. He sounded almost like a child.

"You're keeping me here to be a hero?" Jack stood up from his place of the bed giving Mark his full attention.

"I mean, you're the son of David. Everyone kind of expected that- but if that's a problem we could hold of." Mark said quickly. He didn't try to get the idea of Jack being a hero away from him since he should have very good potential to be one of the best heroes but he tried to best to keep Jack from getting upset.

"No- uh, it's not exactly a problem. It's just my confidence issue. You can't exactly be a hero if you don't think you can be." His voice got quieter as he went on and started to fidget with the bottom of his sleeves. There used to be a time when he was never nervous believe it or not.

"Don't worry. That's something we could work on. Besides, if you're wearing a suit no one is going to know who you are." Mark smiled and opened the door, still looking at Jack who was staring at the patterned carpet.

"Anyway, anytime after classes come find me. We could start on a training plan. See what fits you best until we find whatever powers you've got hidden. I'm sure we'll all be pleasantly surprised." When Jack didn't response the other left, leaving him along for the next two hours.

He didn't stay in the room too long as he wanted to be able to find his way around so he could make it to the room in time. Turns out he got lost several times and it took him over an hour to find the hall with the classes and another ten minutes to search each room to find the right one.

"You're here a little early." The woman at the desk chirped. "And you're new." She walked around the desk to give the new comer a hug.

"I'm Tiffany. I'll be you're teacher for the next year I think. You're a senior so you won't be here as long as the others. You have three- almost four months left. Trust me, you won't get too much work but there are some requirements." She led him to one of the front desk and waited until he sat down.

"For now, no matter what Mark says, your education comes first so if he wants to train you and you don't want to do it, just tell him you have school work. Even if you don't." She giggles and went back to her own desk.

"I've got to look through what you have done and base your assignments after that." After that she didn't talk until the rest of the student came in, which was only six more kids, all of them younger than he was. He was eighteen.

"Today we start a new topic. Well start off with English and I'm sure you guys are excited to watch a movie but you will need to answer questions. Feel free the watch it first then look at your paper. If need be I can pause it for you." The first day went smoothly. The work wasn't too hard and the other kids were nice and on the quieter side, unlike his old school.