Chapter 8: Fun-Town

MATURE CONTENT/TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter and the next will contain graphic violence and talk of sensitive topics based on episode 3 of season 1. Please skip to chapter 10 if needed.

    I pulled up to the fairgrounds with the rest of the crew and I parked my car, walking over to Gemma, Clay and the guys. Chibs had to stay back at the shop with some of the others, so we agreed to move our date to another day.

After we all bought our tickets, we walked around going on rides and playing games. I walked around with Juice, we were catching up on lost time and joking around like we used to when we first became friends.

We had just met up with Jax, Bobby, and Tig when we passed a dunk tank with a clown sitting in the chair. Juice took off when he got a call so I stuck close to my brother's side, trying my best to avoid looking at the damn clown. Jax noticed and squeezed my shoulder before walking up to the booth where the clown was while I hung back with the others.

"Oooh look at the big bad bikers! Tryna get clownie all wet?" The clown jeered.

Jax bought three throws, I watched as he threw the first two, missing the target. I laughed as the guys started cheering him on. "You got this Jax!" I yelled.

The clown piped up, "What's the matter pretty boy, can't put the little ball in the tight whole? Bet your leather wearing butt buddies can say the same thing! HAHAHA!"

I saw Jax clench his jaw, and saw the other guys tense up.

"Ohh, so you got jokes now." Jax said sarcastically before all the guys rushed over and hit the target sending the clown into the tank of water, Jax and Tig holding him under.

I shook my head, "Alright boys, I think he's learned his lesson. Let's move on." I choked out, unable to contain my laughter.

We all went over to the tilt-a-whirl, stopping to get some food with Clay and Gemma where they introduced the guys to the Oswalds and their daughter Tristen. I remembered her from when I used to babysit her during the summers back when I was in high school, Jax and I gave her our extra ride tickets and she ran off to the tilt-a-whirl.

After getting food, Jax and I split from the group and were walking around playing the carnival games for the next hour or so trying to see who was best at each one.

Suddenly Juice runs up to us looking slightly winded, "Jax, Clay wants all of us guys back at the clubhouse. Ro, he wants you still stay here with Gemma." He huffed out while catching his breath.

Jax nodded, "Okay man, lets head out. Ro, go find Ma and we'll see you later." Jax said cautiously, knowing I was upset on being temporarily kept out of the loop and basically put on prospect/guard duty. Clay and the guys insisted on 'easing me back into things' since I had only been home for about a month.

I shook my head in protest. "Jax, what the fuck is going on?! Tell me!" I snapped, now pissed.

"Damn it, Saoirse!" He yelled back as he whipped around to face me, the fact that he used my first name catching me off guard seeing as it rarely happened. "Don't worry about it, and go find Ma." He added in a calmer voice before him and Juice ran off.

Walking through the crowd, trying to avoid being pushed around by people while looking for my mother, eventually I found her. She pulled me into her arms and hugged me tight before holding me at arms length. "Why did the guys leave all of a sudden? Jax would'na tell me anythin'." I spoke, still heated.

She moved a piece of my hair out of my face, looking off to the side before making eye contact again. "The Irish wanted a sit down with all the guys, that's all I know baby." She smiled at me and I nodded, accepting that answer for now.