Chap 3 "Five O's Finest"

JJ's POV

Turns out that the Walmart case was just some Walmart employees catching some heavy lifting shoplifters. After a couple months with Five-O, they were starting to be family and I got comfortable. Steve got me my own office.  I woke up and got ready for the day. "Hey Danny, I'm going to go ahead and head out," I stated.

"You sure you don't want breakfast?" Danny asked.

"No," I nodded. I took a look at the pancakes. "No, I'm good. Thanks though." I got into my car and drove to Steve's house. I walked inside and Eddie greeted me. "Where's Steve, buddy?" Eddie ran to the backyard and I followed I saw Steve coming out of the water. "You always swimming in the morning?"

"Yeah, it's either this or running," Steve replied as he dried himself off. "Are you making house calls now? What does Danny say about this?"

"Danny doesn't know that I spend my time with you," I replied as I sat in a chair. "And it's gonna stay that way until I figure out a way to tell him without him trying to kill you."

"He won't be able to kill me," Steve smirked.

"Yeah, well, I don't need you choking the life out of him either," I smiled. Steve sat in the chair next to me. "One date turned to lunch twice a week, and that turned into daily dinner meals."

"And those dinner meals turned into you making morning house calls?" Steve asked.

"If we kept the dinner meals, Danny would've caught us," I stated. "I had to change things up, but I didn't think that I would've found you half naked."

"Well, you kinda surprised me as well," Steve sighed as he stood up. "You wanna feed Eddie for me while I get dressed?"

"Sure," I nodded. We walked inside and Steve showed me where to find Eddie's food. He went upstairs. "Come here, buddy!" I put food in his bowl and got him a fresh bowl of water. "There you are." I pet him. "Good job, buddy." Steve walked down and grabbed a water. "So, you need me to drive you or do you want to take the truck?"

"We can take your car," Steve replied. We walked out and he saw my car. "There's no way that's your car."

"It is," I smiled

"It is," I smiled. "I bought it."

"I'm driving," Steve pointed. I threw him the keys. "You're serious?"

"Danny talks a lot about you," I replied. We got into my car and he revved the engine. "Hey, easy. Gas isn't cheap or free for this car."

"Out of the four months we dated, I never knew you drove a charger," Steve stated.

"I didn't think we were officially together yet, Commander McGarrett," I smiled. He started driving. "If we're going to go public, then I definitely have to find a way to tell Danny and it has to be soon."

"I thought my sentence was making our relationship official," Steve replied.

"Okay, then I have to find a way to tell Danny on our ride to work," I pointed. "So, if Danny comes after me, will you be there to protect me?"