~ • ~

—————

—————

satan's spawn

~•~

All my life I had been drawn towards evil or dark things. Growing up I found death funny. Whenever my friends would be bullied, I craved revenge. I knew I was different from the rest. I just wasn't sure what made me so unique. People would call me a disturbed child...but little did they know...

——•——

My 16th birthday is in three days. My moms tell me they won't be a party because I don't want one. But I know they're throwing me one. And they got my friends in on the plan. I just played dumb and went along with it.

"You can't be serious, Clara. All you want is socks for your birthday. Why not makeup or, like, clothes?" Nichol asked while taking a seat next to me on my bed. Her short blonde hair was tied half up and she wore mom jeans and a white polo shirt. She always looked so cute with her style.

"Well, I don't need that stuff. I already have plenty of those. And anyway, my birthday doesn't really mean much to me. You know that," I smiled weakly.

"Well that sucks."

"Why?"

"Because I already got you those," my friend grinned widely.

I shook my head with a smile. My friend all of a sudden leaped up from the bed and grabbed my hand. She pulled me to a stand and dragged me out of my room, down the stairs, and outside.

"Where are we going?" I laughed.

"To see our friends," Nichol respond, opening up the car.

——•——

"Yeah, Lily is so throwing a surprise party for you," Gianna stated the obvious, taking a sip from her drink. Her dark raven hair cascaded down her shoulders and her eyes were large, full of curiosity.

"When have they not thrown a surprise party for Clara?" Luke shoved a handful of fries into his mouth. His smile held something of joy and warmth. He was tall, taller than most. But that just made him all the more attractive.

"Well at least it's just one day," Nichol said fixing her shirt. "You know that girl Amy? Yeah, well, I heard that her parents celebrate a whole week for her birthday every year."

"Jeez," I scoffed and looked away. But as I did, I locked eyes with a boy sitting a few booths down by himself. It seemed he had been staring for a while, just waiting to catch my eye. I furrowed my brows and then he stood up and walked out of the diner.