hey, Adora

They did it. They finally did it. After so many years of fighting, so many sacrifices... it almost didn't seem real.

The celebrations lasted weeks. People couldn't seem to stop the excitement of finally being free. There was no longer any fear or panic to strike the citizens into hiding—into living.

After Adora claimed the Heart of Etheria, the planet seemed to thrive. The sky was always blue and the nature glistened with life. Everything was so colorful and sparkling. The rhythm of celebratory music was tapping along to everyone's feet. Smiles adjoined faces of every person and even some creatures. Animals that hadn't been seen in years--some not ever--emerged from the planet.

As for the heroes who brought upon this happiness and peace...

All of the princess returned to their respective kingdoms to clear up any of the mess She-ra hadn't been able to fix. Of course, they still all came together one night for the week. Whether it was a dinner, just hanging out, or running through the sparkling woods, the princesses and company now shared a bond that ran through their blood.

They had all gone through so much together. They all had loved and lost and fought and bled. They battled by each other's sides even when all hope was thought gone. Even when some of the princesses were chipped as weapons in Horde Prime's army, the rest of the princesses never gave up on them.

Glimmer, as queen, ruled her kingdom as the head of Etheria. She was strong and passionate and was the host for most of the celebrations for those couple of weeks. She changed out of her soldier clothing that she had grown so comfortable with when constantly fighting, now exhibiting a elegant purple off-the-shoulder dazzling dress. It ran past her feet and dragged a bit behind her. Her hair has grown out too. Adora wasn't sure if it was the surge of magic or just the happiness from winning that made it longer--maybe both.

Bow was there by Glimmer's side constantly now. He beamed with joy whenever he got to show Glimmer off, whether that was dancing or making a speech or even just yelling the fact that he "loves her." The worry lines that had once been pressed into his dark and chiseled face had disappeared into a heart-warming smile. He also shed his armor, dressing in a more comfortable white crop-top with a heart on the front.

Adora watched as Bow raced up behind Glimmer who was chatting with Mermista and grabbed her hand. She had a moment of shock before melting into adoration as he spun her around and pulled her into his chest. Bow swayed side to side slowly, a giant grin spreading across his face. Glimmer rested her head on his chest, sighing into the embrace.

Adora's heart swelled with happiness watching the couple. They looked so in love and joy. This was what they deserved. After so many years of friendship, being there for each other, for fighting for each other... They deserved this moment--more like eternity--of peace.

"Hey, Adora," a familiar voice suddenly said from beside her.

Adora blinked from her blissful trance and locked eyes with Catra. Her heart quickened it's pace tenfold. Her lips broke into a smile and she pushed herself away from the beam she had been leaning on.

"Catra," Adora greeted, eyeing her girlfriend up and down. She bit her lip, her face flushing with heat at the sight of the cat's new suit. It was a silver-gray blazer over a maroon button-up. Around the collar was a black tie left undone. The sleek yet roughness of Catra's appearance sent chills down Adora's spine.

"Would you like to dance." Catra extended an open palm and bowed a little. Adora could feel the heat growing stronger.

"Well, isn't that chivalrous of you. Of course." Adora accepted the gesture and let Catra lead her out onto the dance floor. She followed as Catra clasped onto Adora's left hand and wrapped her other hand on her waist, pulling her closer. Adora placed her free hand respectively on Catra's shoulder, but soon crawled up to her neck.