tolerance | eight

chapter eight: knowing the foulplay

[ jeonghan ]

i bid goodbye to my workmates since we all finished our works early. yesterday was a very frustrating day because of the revelations were astonishing my mind.

i didn't felt like asking vein about this because our relationship isn't actually okay. as i went out of the building i saw mingyu checking me out and our eyes also met.

this guy is quite handsome.

he was approaching me but i didn't know what to do so i just let him approach me not losing the contact of our eyes.

"hi, jeonghan."

"oh, hello gyu."

"gyu? is that a nickname you'd call me?"

"i think so, mingyu is.. long?"

"you know what's longer?"

he looked down, so i looked down too. he was gazing at his crotch and so am i.

"what the fuck?" i laughed.

i am used to things like this, so i don't get offended very easily. due to my work in the past. i got really used to people like this.

"no, jeonghan i am just joking to break the ice."

"oh, so that isn't long."

"wanna see?"

"nope."

we both laughed hysterically.

"actually im gonna go home. i'll catch up to you later."

"you'll catch up? to me?"

"what?" im confused.

"i mean, damn."

"what damn, mingyu?"

"nothin' just.."

"oh gosh."

i rolled my eyes on him and left him hanging. i didn't much cared because im tired i guess. so as usual i went to a cab and got home.

i saw again the girl who made my heart flutter once. i recreated the scene in my mind it was fading, it was wrong. i knew something was wrong when that man came in. vein felt like a responsibility which she really is but there's nothing into it. its just a responsibility that i got used to.

people say, love should be unending. it should be passionate and never fading. but why am i feeling like this when i have her already? why does the realization hit at a time like this. i am confused but still, i don't wanna hurt her. she has done many things for me, to be honest. ah, fuck it jeonghan. wake up.

i picked up my phone and deleted seongcheol's details in my phone, i even blocked him on my social medias. i know that this is getting worse. it cannot be like that.

i went beside vein and woke her up, pinching his cheeks a bit, and caressed her cute face.

"baby, there's too many things wrong with us, we should fix this. im sorry for being an asshole."

she is still sleeping. i cleaned our room, and cleaned the whole house without even noticing. i went to the kitchen and cooked something.

i heard her phone rang, it was a saved number and named "shadow~"

i had doubts for a second. i answered the call, a guy answered.

"hey, ba-" the other line said.

"who are you?" i said angrily.

what the fuck? ba-? baby? babe?

"who's this?" he said.

another guy is talking to me, i should be clever in this part.

"im his sibling, who's this?"

"oh, hyung, im your sister's b-"

"hey, yoon jeonghan. what's that?"

i smiled at her. and faced her the phone.

"oh, nothing someone called, mind telling me who this is? and oh, its named shadow with that thing."

her face turned pale. fuck i knew it.

"you better tell me who this is."

"just a friend."

oh really?

i just raised my eyebrows on her.

"excuse me who are you again?"

"vein's boyfriend?" the other line said.

i looked at her playfully.

"woah, someone's cheating."

"oh fuck, jeonghan don't look at me like that, why do you keep coming back to my brother's company."

"because i work there?"

that was close, phew-

"but, i heard you kept coming back to his floor."

"i told you i work there."

"oh-"

"so you admitted you are cheating."

instead of feeling a heavy pain, i felt happiness and chains broken, pure freedom.

i went out of the house, carefully placing her handphone on the table outside, and going to the road just walking. just staring blankly and i started to think about where we both went wrong.

i texted her, how long have you been together, vein?

i don't expect a reply but i'm hoping. i don't know what will happen. im blank right now.

-----

don't forget to comment and vote