Chapter 13 : Seeing red

Namjoon was sitting in the tea room, reading, while waiting for Mirai to finish getting ready for the stupid party she was dragging him to

Fortunately, he had his plan to leave the party early.

He knew a girl who was head over heels for him was coming to the party, and although he didn't care about her at all, he knew she would be useful tonight. She would be so easy to kiss he would win Mirai's stupid bet in a matter of minutes.

Then, since she gave him his word, she would have no choice but to immediately leave the party with him.

His perfect plan crashed down in flame the moment Mirai arrived in the tea room, wearing a short red dress and black pumps, with her long dark hair gracefully cascading down her back. She was never one for make up, but he had to admit that her feline eyes only looked better with some eyeliner and dark mascara...

The air was sucked out of his lungs and he gulped loudly.

He couldn't have planned on her looking that good all dolled up.

He couldn't deal with her looking that good.

He most definitely couldn't deal with other guys seeing her look that good.

No wonder it took her so long to get ready, she really went all out... She smiled at him confidently, visibly waiting for a compliment.

This called for drastic measures, maybe he could talk her out of this look...

"Where's the rest of that outfit?'' Namjoon asked, trying to act nonchalant.

''Ha. Ha. Ha. Funny.'' Mirai replied sarcastically.

Namjoon could tell he had struck a nerve. Her eyes squinted in annoyance and her smile immediately faded.

''You can't wear those heels, they make you taller than me.'' Namjon said, trying to find excuses to make her want to change.

''It's alright, I'll just find a date a tad taller than you.'' Mirai snapped back coldly, giving her friend a look full of disdain. Namjoon held his head, now just as annoyed as she was.

''Why are you being like this?'' He asked, a bit louder than he had meant to.

''Because you're acting like you get to decide what I wear!'' Mirai yelled, fists closed and rage written all over her face.

''Wear whatever you want. I don't care if you look like a slut!'' Namjoon replied just as loud, surprising himself with the harshness of his words.

Mirai's anger completely faded in the span of a second to be replaced with disbelief, then disgust.

''What the fuck is wrong with you?'' She said before leaving the room.

Namjoon sighed, this night was going from bad to worse...