1:00

🕐

Namjoon is satisfied. He indulges himself in the sight of the blinking lights from the tallest skyscrapers, the heavens were void of twinkling stars. A random thought emerges. He suddenly thinks, what if the stars were jealous of the man-made lights, so they refuse to appear in the night sky?

Namjoon likes to call the city lights as stars. He likes to think maybe the stars have fallen, the unreachable chose to come down in order to get closer to man. One of the reasons why Namjoon wants to live in the city, he wants to see them up close.

He dreamed of this scenery. To have his own apartment someday, to stay on the balcony, sit on a rocking chair, drink his bitter coffee, maybe read a good book or listen to his music playlist while he sat there alone and just think.

He breathes in the aroma of his coffee, the scent of the light punch of bitterness invaded his nostrils. He likes the distinct smell of coffee and cool night air, it reminds him that he has found his new safe place. His new home.

Of course he will miss his family. His father has always been his shelter, the only person who can understand him, who protected him when the world threw rocks and stones at him.

His mother was his blanket, she never let him grow cold. She's the reason why he grew compassionate and loving. She never fails to remind him to love all things in life, no matter how ugly they may seem.

Namjoon brings the rim of the mug near his lips, he doesn't sip. Instead, he inhales the scent with a smile pasted on his lips, closing his eyes to heighten the smell. He's addicted to the scent of coffee rather than the taste itself. If there's ever a perfume that smells like coffee, he would marry the person who invented that.

The serene expression on Namjoon's face becomes a grimace. A revolting scent of smoke infiltrates his nose. Someone's smoking.

Namjoon opens his eyes and roughly exhales through his nose, refusing to let the toxic air seep inside his system. He looks sideways to look for the culprit.

There in the balcony on his left is a man excessively smoking while leaning on the railings. The essence of smoke surrounded his top half, it nearly looked like he's an ethereal being materialising in front of Namjoon.

The man's doughy skin glows in contrast of his black band shirt. He radiates as much as the city lights Namjoon compares to the stars.

The smoke travels the distance between them. A bridge connecting two disconnected souls. Namjoon coughs, abrupt and loud.

He catches the guy's attention, the guy flinches in utter surprise when he turns and sees Namjoon looking at him. After the fits of coughing, Namjoon stares at his face.

He's very handsome. An image of a white wolf flashes in Namjoon's mind. His ghostly pale skin and wolfish eyes gave it away. His lips are thin like a cat's and his dark locks sharpens his face. His unique beauty awes Namjoon.

Namjoon has an attractive neighbor; the perfect cherry on top to wrap up Namjoon's move.

"Hi, umm... I'm your new neighbor," Namjoon said. He smiles. He feels shy to meet such a good-looking man at this time of the night.

What Namjoon doesn't expect is for the guy to look at him like he's a ghost. The pale man marches inside his apartment and ignores Namjoon.

Namjoon feels awkward and embarrassed for being ignored and by a handsome guy at that. He finally sips on his ryan mug, ears flushed. Unsurprisingly, his mind becomes full of curious questions.

He's beautiful but he's weird.

§§§§§§§§§§§§

This a short story so expect shorter chapters. :')