2:00

🕑

Two midnights have come and passed when Namjoon encounters the rude guy for the second time. Two midnights he has thought of wolfish eyes growing wide underneath the moon's dim lighting.

The third midnight, Namjoon receives a call from an unknown number whilst he's making himself a cup of coffee for his sentimental night routine. He's currently brewing some deep roasted coffee beansㅡthat he has specifically ordered onlineㅡwhen his phone plays a familiar tune.

He picks up his phone and answers the call. A voice flavored with a deep baritone barks up a greeting. Namjoon makes a shrill sound in astonishment when he recognizes the amazing person on the other line.

"Hey, what's up, RM?"

Namjoon abandons his half-ground coffee and goes outside his balcony while still on the phone.

"Yo, J-hope-nim! Wow, you're- you're calling me. This is- this feels like a dream," Namjoon stutters, feet tap-dancing in excitement.

The legendary underground rapper is calling him. He can't believe it. What did he do to deserve this? Damn, he's glad his brother knows how to pull some strings using his connections. He's never been grateful for Taehyung's web of friends than this moment. It's apparent that his little brother might've put on a good word for him.

The person on the other line chuckles. "I've heard a lot about you. I've seen you rap live and I must say you're pretty good for a rookie... now I understand why you're a rising star in the underground scene."

Namjoon's smile grows wider until his mouth practically reaches his ears. He celebrates by quietly jumping up and down fist-bumping the air. The J-hope just complimented him!

"I feel so honored to receive such compliments from you, J-hope-nim. But I'm not even half as good as you. You're like a god! And I'm just an amateur trying to make music. But thank you," Namjoon says in between smiles.

"You don't need to talk formally, RM. You can call me Hobi, everyone calls me thatㅡeven your brother." J-hope stops talking and clears his throat before continuing. "Anyway, I called because I think you might be interested in collaborating with me?"

Namjoon's eyes widen, he gasps airily. "Thatㅡ I would love to! Of course, I'm interested! I'm so glad!"

"Really? Then, can you come to my studio this Sunday?"

"Yes!" Namjoon replies enthusiastically.

A pair of sharp eyes watch the interesting scene unfold in their neighbor's balcony. The new tenant is doing some bizarre dance moves, so rare it's unknown even to mankind.

"Whooooohh!" The rangy guy shouts squeals and strikes weird poses after the call.

The man can't control himself, he snickers. Even though his laugh isn't that loud, even dropping a needle can be heard in the quiet night.

That alarms the eccentric man. He halts mid-pose and vigilantly looks around from where the sound comes from.

The pale man from the other side who's observing the scene chuckles and smirks.

Namjoon is startled. He stands up properly and looks at his neighbor who's staring at him like he's the fucking circus.

"Tell me you didn't see that," Namjoon speaks. He's not planning to have a staring competition with the guy and let him witness Namjoon melt into a puddle.

"Unfortunately for both of us, I did," the man replies.

Namjoon raises his eyebrows. "So you talk."

The guy raises one of his eyebrows this time, which Namjoon finds cool. Even the way he looks at him is cool while he leans on the railings. Or the way he plays with an unlit cigarette on his large fingers.

"Just like you," he says. He smiles, putting the cigarette in his mouth and lighting it up with a lighter. A frown on his face becomes visible whilst he brings his hands together on the other end of the cancer stick. Cool.

"Well," Namjoon can't think of anything to say. Then, he remembers their god awful first meeting. "If you can talk, why did you ignore me?"

The man puffs a thin cloud of smoke before he answers with a shrug.

Namjoon frowns at the guy's lazy reply. "What do you mean by-" Namjoon mimics the way the guy shrugged.

"You're a great talker, huh?" Namjoon crosses his arms when the guy doesn't reply.

"I'm Yoongi," the man says.

Namjoon opens his mouth in disbelief. First, he ignores him. The second, he says his name out of nowhere. Does this guy even know how to properly communicate?

"Now, you're telling me your name," Namjoon deadpans. He shakes his head but laughs at Yoongi's randomness.

Yoongi rubs the nape of his neck, cigar on standby on his left fingers.

"I'm not good with people," he admits.

"I can see that," Namjoon says and nods.

Yoongi shrugs, like admitting he can't do anything about it. Namjoon shrugs back in response. They both smile at each other.

Namjoon looks inside his apartment, remembering the coffee he's still trying to make.

"Yeah, I should go back inside. Uh bye," Namjoon says and waves a little. He starts walking inside.

"Wait!" Yoongi calls, he almost drops his cigarette.

Namjoon turns back and throws him a questioning look.

"What's your name?"

"Oh, I haven't told you yet?"

Yoongi shakes his head.

"It's Kim Namjoon." Namjoon smiles, a dimple popping out as he did so. He went inside his apartment.

Yoongi puts the cigarette between his lips and took another drag; puffing out white smoke together with his neighbor's name out of his mouth.