☸18☸

My eyes snap open as I feel something cold on my forehead

Clutching the draft in my hand tightly, I see it's about to rain.

Without any second thoughts, I picked up everything around me and walked into the farmhouse.

Just when I settled on the couch, I felt vibrations in my pants pocket.
Taking out my phone, I checked what it is, only to find the time to be 10 in the night.

God! I am here for more than 10 hours..

When I checked thoroughly, I found hundreds missed calls, from Bela, Vyom, dad and Dr. Batra.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Opening further, I found so many texts from everyone.
I opened Bela's chat.
  - Mahir where are you!?
  - What's wrong!?
  - Please come back.
  - Call me as soon as you read this.
  - Mahira is back.
  - Where the hell are you!?

I called her immediately.
"Hello!", I said.
"Mahir! Mahir where are you!?", She sounded almost breathless.
"Why what happened!? Is there any problem!?", I asked alarmed.
"You!", She almost yelled, "Where are you!? I was so worried about you...! You said your meeting will last for an hour but you ended up lost for whole day. I have been trying your phone for so long! You...!", Her voice cracked at the end.

She was getting worried about me..

"Bela.....", I trailed off.
"It's Vyom!", I heard some disturbance at the other side.
"Oh!"
"Tell me where are you!? I'll come to pick you up.", He said monotonously.
"I will come. Don't worry."
"No! I am coming and you aren't going to argue.", He said and I sighed.
"Ok fine come. I am at the farmhouse."

It didn't take Vyom much time to come and pick me from the farmhouse.
He explained me how worried Bela was and Mahira was pestering to meet me.
Also stating that I am a careless jerk.

However, I remained silent.

Staring out of the window of his car, watching the trees, the vehicles, the farms, buildings all passing by as if waving a bye at me.
Just as the beauty, the good times, the subtleness, the credibility of my marriage waved a bye at me.

No one knows why I came drunk that night. It was not the pent up small things, that made me misunderstand the relationship of my wife with my best friend.
I was sent some proofs of their so called 'illicit relationship' when I was out on my business trip.
Someone sent me that stuff. The stuff included fake pictures, hotel booking papers, and several other things. When I saw them I knew I don't have to let these things get into me. It's a terrible lie.
Bela and Vyom have been two pillars of my life. They won't do anything like that to me.
But before I realized, they did occupy a place in my mind, and then alcohol resurfaced them.
And I ended up doing the my own massacre.

May be now I know, who sent me that stuff. But can I blame that person. Can I blame my anger!? Or can I blame the circumstances!?

It was Bela's sister all along.
The one I thought has no more a role to play in our life.
I always wondered why was Bela so distant from her sister. If I had a sibling, I would have loved them to no bounds.
But I never realized that just under my nose, something very terrible was happening.
The sisters were parting.
And the one who was mine, will be so brutally crushed by her own sister.
How can one make her own sister's life from happily married to disgustingly divorced!?
I don't think Bela knows to what extent her sister went, and I am in no place now to tell her the truth.