☸30☸

Crying Mahira was of no help.

"Shh baby...Good girls don't cry.."

She stopped sobbing, and said, "Dadda....Mumma!", And then again burst into fits of sobs.

I wished she sleeps because other people were already starting to stare at us.

Aiden came, "Sir the formalities are done. They said they need to do some tests."

"Okay let them."

I sat down on a chair, in the hospital waiting area, with Mahira still sniffing with her head resting on my shoulder.

I looked up and my eyes clouded with tears, "When in this world am I going to get the happiness I deserve. Okay I don't deserve anything. But don't let my daughter or Bela suffer. Please!"

*

It's been two hours and still no news.

Mahira was sleeping soundly.
And I was on the verge of sleep.

"Mr. Sehgal, your wife is awake!", I snapped my head in the nurses direction.

"Really!?"

She smiled warmly, "Yes.."

I ran to the room she was in. Of course taking care that Mahira doesn't wake up.

When I entered the room, she was lying with her eyes closed and hands on her belly.

"Bela! Are you okay!?", I asked as I went near her.
She gently opened her eyes and smiled at me.

She glanced at Mahira, "I am fine."

I couldn't help the burst of emotions in me.

I laid Mahira beside her and Mahira in her sleep scooted closer to her Mumma.

I avoided her eyes.
I'll break down in front of her. She's my solace after all.
My facade of being a strong man will shatter at a single sight of her.
And I think she caught me, for the next thing she said was, "Look at me Mahir.."

When I did, tears escaped my eyes like flood, "You get a sneeze and I feel a stab. Do you know what I feel when I find you unconscious like that!? My life is squeezed out of my body. Last time I found you're almost dying. And now...."
I sunk my head in her shoulder and cried.

I cried yet the weight in my heart wasn't feeling any light.
I was feeling an exhuriating anxiety in my heart. And I can't put my finger on what it is.

"Bela say something and calm me down!", I wanted her to say that she loves me. Because I can't find anything more comfortable right now.

Her fragrance was keeping me from losing my sanity.

I felt  hand on my head, caressing my hair.
"Mahir....Will you marry me!?"

I jerked up my head thinking I heard something wrong.
"What did you say!?"

She smiled a mischievous smile, "I am asking you to remarry me Mr. Sehgal. I want to be Mrs. Sehgal again."

You see that could be the best moment of my life, but how come her decision changed.
Is she feeling forced because of my rage!?
Or is it something to do with her current state of illness.

"And why this sudden change of heart!?", I looked at her suspiciously, "Wait...I didn't get your reports!?"

She looked pissed off at once, "Mahir! Listen to me one in all. I said no because your proposal came on me like an atomic bomb. You're shocked now!? Are you!? That was me then. I have my own doubts. I am nervous and scared. But all that is worth being your wife. I am over everything. And now I want to spend my life in complete bliss. Can you give me that!? Because I think I atleast deserve that Mahir."