BONUS CHAPTER

♦♦♦♦

♦♦♦♦

I couldn't help but sit in my bedroom, cutting off work and everyone around me.
It has been five days since our trip to farmhouse.
Me, and Mahira spent three days together, and then the night, two days before, she went to Bela.
Bela and me on the other hand were back to square one. Distant and non-considerate.
I thought it was better than seeing her in pain, crying and sobbing.

Had it been other day, I would have gone and played with my daughter irrespective of what day it was.

But being too close even after our divorce was not good for both of us. Our drowned feelings were resurfacing again.

It has been the longest time that I haven't seen Mahira for so long, and even Bela for that fact.

These four walls of my room were eating me up.

And I believe I deserved this.

I would occasionally hear her giggling sounds from Bela's penthouse. Sometimes crying too, but I had punished myself to stay here without her.

I rubbed my palm on my face, and stood up.

I went to the cupboard and picked up my laptop.
Actually mine and Bela's laptop.
This one, she left here because all this contains was our memories.
And then I kept on using it.
Filling it with some of my more special moments.

I unlocked it, only to be welcomed by the very first wallpaper.

That is me, holding her hands.
I was not well then. I had dengue. And Bela did everything possible to make me feel good.
I was fine in no time.

That was the magic of her love!

I opened the gallery and went to the oldest folder, the one I haven't seen from a long time.
The first picture, I met with was hers.