☸25☸

SIX MONTHS LATER

"Get this checked up Mr. Sehgal! We would love to work with you.", I hid my smile and handed the document to my PA.
It was a huge deal we bagged today.
One of the biggest.
"Thank you Mr. Roberts! I hope you love working with us.", I said and exited the meeting room.

"Aiden! Narrate my schedule!", I commanded as I settled in my cabin.
He began, "Sir there's a lunch with Lockwood's CEO. Then you've to meet Mr. Harrison about your indian branch. Then..."

I interrupted, "Aiden will I be free anytime soon!?"
"Uh..!", He gave the schedule a brief glance, "After 10 sir!"

Damnit!
It's way past her bedtime.

"Aiden I haven't talked to her in the past two days!", I exclaimed.

He made an apologetic pout, "Sorry sir! I'll try to take time sir.", and left.

I huffed in annoyance and then began my work.

Two hours later, I was in a meeting discussing the six months graph with my investors and associates.
The meeting was going well and everyone was pleased with my performance.

But I got interrupted when my laptop screen, that was also connected to the presentation display showed an incoming video call.

I frowned as every person in the room became curious seeing the sudden change in the screen.

I was about to disconnect when my eyes fell on the name, 'Bela'.
Does it take a second thought!?
No!
Not at all.

I connected that very second only for the whole meeting room to chime with a loud and chirpy, "Daddaaaa!"

There she was, wearing a cute bunny frock, sitting before the laptop, with a huge grin on her face.

God! Why so adorable!

"Mahira!", I addressed her smilingly.

"Dadda mumma is ou! Says dadda in a meetin. Don distulb!", She said and I heard gasps from the people beside me.
I smirked proud on my daughter's excellence.
{Dadda mumma is out! Says dadda is in a meeting. Don't disturb}
She's not even two and she can speak so well. They must be shocked.

"Okay but you called me!?", I cooed her and she grinned again.

From the time I started living here, video chatting has been something very frequent between us.
So frequent that even Mahira now knows how to call me. But I am afraid she'll soon become a technology freak. That's not good for her eyes.

"Dadda mumma says she won gimme chocolae...!", She complained frowning. {Dadda mumma says she won't give me chocolate}
I was amused yet maintained a frown, "Why!? What did you do!?"
She pursed her lips and then said with a pout, "Said no fo foots!"{ Said no to fruits!}

"Foots!?", One of my associates questioned.
I turned to him, "Fruits! She means fruits."
"Oh!"

Okay! She got that from me...But still...She's in her growing years.

"Mahira! If you're not going to eat fruits, I will not talk to your mumma for chocolates...!", I said with a strict face.

"Daddaaaa!", She whined making an almost crying face however I knew that's a facade.

"No Mahira...Mumma is right. You should listen to her!"

"Dadda! Foots are ewwww!", She made a constipated face..

I would have burst out laughing but father's duty call!

"Baby fruits are healthy...And when you eat fruits, you will become strong!", I said and in reply she narrowed her eyes at me.