Chapter Four

Hider was glad Matty was okay, he thought it would be more serious.

He was glad it wasn't.

Since it was now 3pm, residents above the age of twelve were required to mine in the caves, this excluded helpers, and people with disabilities. So normally, them and the children would group together in the church, and do stuff while everyone else was mining.

Hider grouped up with Ink, once again. And they descended into the mine. But now, as they were mining for the village, they stopped about halfway down the staircase, and turned left, down a new passage. Ink was silent as he walked, so Hider stayed silent too. He didn't want to talk, anyway.

It didn't take long for the two to find a small vein of iron in the wall, there was four visible to them.

"Do you wanna take it, or me?" Hider asked Ink.

"I'll take it." Ink said, pulling out a pickaxe. Hider normally wouldn't have questioned this, but something was different about it.

"Is that pickaxe enchantment... blue?" Hider asked, stepping closer to get a better look. The iron pickaxe was normal looking, except for the fact that the enchantment was blue, instead of purple.

"Oh, yeah. It's not my pickaxe." Ink replied. "This is the one I found in the cave when you found Matty." He concluded.

"That means it's Herobrines pickaxe. You sure it's safe to use?" Hider asked.

"Well, it's just a pickaxe, how bad can it be?" Ink said, and began to mine the centremost block of iron.

When he mined it, the surrounding eight blocks in view were mined also. Hider stepped back.

"Woah." Was all he could think to say. He looked at Ink, who had a bewildered expression on his face, before he mined the next centre block, as it had revealed another three. The same thing happened.

"Man, that's really cool!"' Ink said, grinning, he was about to use it again, but Hider stopped him.

"Wait, don't waste the durability." Hider said, he figured that they should take it to Achilles, to see if he could find out anything about it.

"Why not? If it's Herobrines, I'm sure it has, like, infinite durability. Right?" Ink asked.

"Other than that, you should take it to Achilles, who knows, maybe he can make more. Plus, how useful is that pickaxe really?" Hider said.

"Fine, I'll use my own." Ink concluded, taking out his iron pick, and mining the last piece of iron visible to them, that brought the total to eight iron.

During the 3-4 mining session, all ores found are for the town, not personal keep. This included stuff like building making, equipment making, and just in general usefulness. But this excluded blocks mined with fortune, where you only were required to give up the amount of blocks there was in total, and keep the extra received from the enchant. At the time, it was about 3:20pm, and Ink had received 8 iron to hand in. Hider still had nothing, but he was glad Ink was seemingly more happy now.

Not that much further down, they found a small vein of redstone on the floor below them.

"This is mine." Hider said, standing directly above the block. He began to mine.

"Wait!" Ink said, but it was too late, Hider had broken the block.

He was standing on another block of redstone.

"What?" Hider asked. He looked confused.

"Don't dig the block directly below you! Rule number one!" Ink said.