Chapter Six

"Okay, guys," Chookie said, examining her map. "We've just got to pass through this small clearing of trees," She said, extending an arm in the direction in front of them. "Wade through a small river, and then cross the plains until we're at Hagley!" She concluded, putting her map away. The group began walking forward.

"We should've waited for the morning before leaving WildeThorne." Choco mumbled, Hider agreed.

The group was nearing the forest, and could see a zombie at the edge of it, ambling by under the cover of trees.

"You guy think it's a normal one?" Hider asked, to which White walked towards the zombie.

"Hey, stupid!" He shouted, the zombie began walking towards him, into the sunlight.

The zombie quickly burnt to nothing, leaving two rotten flesh. White picked them up, and looked back to the group.

"Let's go, sunlights wasting." He said, and headed into the forest.

Hider looked around the group, and followed him. He heard the sound of footsteps behind him. He ran to catch up with White, who was determined to not talk to Hider in the tunnel.

"Can you stop avoiding me?" Hider shouted as he caught up to White, who raised his shoulders. "Is this because I chucked your gold? Well sorry I was concerned for my friend." He said.

White looked at him. "Sorry." He said, and looked forward once again.

"Sorry? That's it? You're not gonna explain anything?" Hider questioned.

"It's not something I can answer in one simple conversation." White mumbled, before stopping in his tracks. Hider did too, and he realised they had reached the river. The girls soon caught up.

"Seems like a nice day for a swim." White spoke to himself, doing his best impersonation of a southern accent, before diving into the water. The others looked at each other.

"Well, he isn't wrong, it's hot out today." Choco said, jumping in. One by one, the rest followed, Hider submerging himself last.

The others were all enjoying themselves, except Sing, who got out of the water, and turned to them.

"We didn't come here to swim, you can do that at home. Let's go." She said, impatiently waiting for everyone to get out of the water, which they did. "Quit playing around, we got a job to do." She said, hurrying off in the direction of Hagley. The others sprinted to catch up to her, before they then went at an even pace.

Hider approached White. "How about multiple conversations?" He asked. White groaned, and walked slightly away from Hider, leaving him alone with his feelings. "Hey, Chookie. How much longer?" Hider asked.

Chookie pulled out her map. "Hmm." She muttered, thinking to herself as she examined the map. "We should be at Hagley in less than an hour." She concluded, putting her map away.

"Less than an hour?" How about half an hour?" Sing asked cockily, speeding her pace slightly. The others followed suit. "Oh, come on. That's the best you can do?" Sing said, suddenly sprinting into a run.

"Hey! At least give us a warning!" Choco said, trying to outrun Sing, and actually coming pretty close to doing so.

"Well, this'll certainly take down the time." Chookie grinned, speeding her pace slightly.

Hider trailed behind White at the back of the group, he didn't like leading at the front of the group, he always felt like he set the limit for others. He was glad Sing decided to step up, because he certainly wasn't going to.