Chapter 4: Dreams

I've been having nightmares since the interrogation a few days ago. It got intense and I guess it's been bothering me. In my nightmare I get arrested after the interrogation. I was setup but they don't believe me. They throw me into a cell, but it's actually a deep black hole. I wake up gasping for air every time.

I won't be sleeping tonight. I can't go through another nightmare like that. It's too much to bear. I have a plan. I'm going to stay up in my living room and watch movies and eat some popcorn. If I find a good enough movie, I won't have to worry about sleeping. I lean against my counter as the popcorn slowly starts to pop in the microwave. I look at the bag as it spins around.

Spinning

Spinning

A red liquid starts to leak out the corner of the bag. Blood... I watch in confusion as the leak turns into pouring. My heart starts to race but not from fear, from excitement. The bag spins faster, flinging the blood all over the inside of my microwave. I raise my hand to the glass, completely hypnotized. The blood starts to seep through the edges of the microwave wave and move towards my hand. It intertwined in my fingers and I can feel it's warmth. Suddenly it latches on to me, my excitement turns to fear. My breathing becomes more rapid. "Let go of me! Stop!"

A sharp breath wakes me from my dream followed by my microwave buzzer. I look around in confusion. I must've dozed off waiting for my popcorn.

Get control of yourself.

I open the microwave and grab my hot popcorn. Opening the bag, I plop on the couch, causing a few of the kernels to jump out on my lap. I grab my TV remote and go through some movies on Netflix. Nothing with blood and gore. Comedies only. Finally settling on something I think would be funny, I press play and say "Let's get this over with."