72

Athena Elle Carter

It's now November 12th and I'm ready for this baby to come out. I'm just sick of being pregnant. Yes, it's lovely knowing that Haze is mine and Shawn's and he's my little human but this boy is a pain.

I kinda felt sorry for Shawn, my constant wining, moaning, my struggle to decide what to eat, the mood swings, aches and pains. He was dealing with it well.

Speaking of Shawn, we were doing amazing. Yes we had a few tiffs but nothing major. I still hadn't said I loved him back but I think he knew that I needed this time which I could not explain how shocked I am that he was okay with it. His patience has gone though the roof that it sometimes confuses me how understanding he is. However, I am planning on saying it, sometime soon.

I, a hundred percent feel the love. Just seeing him first thing in the morning, the fact that the first thing I do is talk to him every morning just warms my heart, just the way he looks at me makes me feel like the only girl in the world. The love was fresh and it made me feel giddy.

-
"Athena!" Shawn yells from downstairs. "Yeah!" I shout back as I struggle to pull up my sweats over the nine month old bump.

He doesn't reply so I grow frustrated going to the stairs. I hated going up and down the stairs and he knew it.

"What is it!?" I yell but still no reply. I huff loudly going down the stairs slowly making it evident that I hated the stairs.

"Where are-" I'm cut off by six year old James running up time. "Auntie thena!" He yells. "Little J!" I giggle as he hugs my legs.

"What're you doing here? Where's your mum and dad and Lola and Penelope?" I ask absolutely surprised and happy that they were here.

"In the living room" he grins. I waddle behind him to everyone and immediately Liv gets up hugging me. "Oh my god how're you?" She asks.

"I'm fine, What're you guys doing here?" I chuckle happily. She pulls back gently and I go over hugging Theo.

"We came to see you" Theo grins. I hug him tightly then look over at shawn who looked so smug. "Aww my baby Penelope" I coo reaching down to her but Lola jumps in front of me. "What about me?"

"How could I forget?" I give her a hug. She smiles up at me "when is your baby coming?" She asks me. "Soon I hope" I smile sitting beside Shawn. His arm goes around my waist, his thumb rubbing over my top.

Liv gives me a look. I told her and Theo about Shawn re-proposing and they were even happier than me which was hilarious.

"Seriously, how're you feeling?" Theo ask. "I want him out now" I chuckle rubbing my hand over my bump.

"Even tomorrow? It's your birthday" Shawn says. "I know, I'm not even bothered. I want him out. I've tried all the tricks in my book, eating spicy foods, yoga, walking and I'm sick of it" I huff.

"Calm down babe"Shawn chuckles rubbing my arm. "I am calm" I answer back looking up at him. He sticks his tongue out playfully so I look away rolling my eyes making him laugh.

"Have you told mum and dad?" Theo asks me.

Now that one hit a nerve in my body.

"They don't care and neither does Sam. I've called them so many times, I tired to see them before I left New York. Even Shawn tried calling Sam and no answer, right Shawn?" I ask him. He simply hums a yes.

"I just don't get it" I shrug looking down to see Lola and James playing. "I'm having a baby for God's sake"

"Maybe when he's born they'll understand" Shawn says gently. "Yeah right" I scoff, his topic really got me riled up. "I'm done trying"

"Athena-"

"Don't give me that look" I cut Theo off. "I don't care what they think anymore, I'm having a baby with the person I love and- and-" I cut myself off. "Holy shit" I mumble looking down at my thighs to a wet patch forming.

"Finally!" I shriek. "Baby's coming" I squeeze Shawn's hand. He quickly gets up in a panic.

"Holy shit. What should I do?" Shawn asks me. "I'll get the overnight bag and Shawn get her in the car, liv honey stay with the kids" Theo says.

"Fuck okay, bags in the nursery" Shawn tells Theo then he puts his hands out to me. I take his hands as he helps me get up slowly. He puts an arm around my waist and I hold him close.

"We're having a baby" I pant. "I'm scared" I admit. He presses a kiss to my hand "you're going to be amazing love" he reassures me.

-
"Shawn" I whisper. He flinches sitting up a little. He was sat beside me in the chair whilst I lay in the hospital bed, my arm reached out so I could hold his hand.

We had been here for five hours and it was currently two am. I let Shawn sleep but now I was getting restless and needed some company.

"Happy birthday love" He lazily kisses my hand. I smile gently tugging his hand. He takes my indicator and stands up to sit beside me, he looks down at me lazily, his hair floppy and messy, eyes droopy and tired. He looked absolutely adorable. "What's up?" He asks me rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

"I'm in pain" I admit. "I wish I could take it away, is there anything I can do?" He asks.

I shake my head no. "Just talk to me please?" I ask. He nods giving me a warm but lazy smile. "I'm so excited to meet out little hazey baby-" he begins talking. His eyes twinkling as he talked about our baby boy.