CH.9 Heartbreak & a mothers comfort

I live for the ones that I love!
You've got to as well.
If you have love in your life,
then you must keep on living!

~ Juvia Lockser

Sylvia

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I wiped at them turning my head away from his door "Sylvia wait!" nash yelled pulling the door open harshly "it not what it looked like!" he ran after me following me down the stairs "well it sure as hell looked like it" I yelled walking toward the door "no! I promise you it wasn't like that! I love you!" he yelled running toward the door "it doesn't change what you did!" I said wiping at my tears "tell me was I not a good girlfriend? did I do something to push you to do this?" I look up at him "no! you didn't!" nash yelled I gulped down a sob "then we're done nash it's over!" I said he blocked the door "move you idiot!" I pushed him out of the way opening the front door of his house "you know I really thought you changed but I guess not..." I closed the door behind me running towards my house nash you idiot stop making me cry over you I thought while running I bumped into someone on the way "Sylvia?" a voice asks I looked up to the person "what's wrong?" my bottom lip quivered "dad..." I said softly hugging him "he cheated on me with Nova" I felt his hand on my head "it's ok sylv" dad said rubbing my head.

Storm

We were all home doing something dad playing a video game with me "seems you're going to lose pops" I said pressing buttons on the controller "I may be getting old but I haven't lost my touch son" dad said as Sylvia's voice came from outside "Sylvia sure seems to be training hard" laxus said not looking up from his phone "no wonder she's so strong" I said as Sylvia walked into the living room "are you deaf storm? you're phones been ringing for the past few minutes" Sylvia said pointing to my phone next to me I picked it up "45 missed calls?!" I ask shocked "poor terari how can you be so insensitive storm? she needs to talk to you about something important either go console her face to face or call her" Sylvia said picking up red who was by her feet "fine why so harsh?" I ask opening my phone "this is my best friend storm" she replied as I got up and walked somewhere else.

Gray

Sylvia placed red down with his food "I'm going to go shower all that training's made me sweaty and disgusting" she said walking up the stairs.

A few minutes later a knock was heard at the door "I'll get it laxus" I said walking over to the door from the kitchen opening to reveal nash standing in front of me panting "where's Sylvia?" nash asks I sigh placing my hands on his shoulders "look nash whatever you did broke her heart I don't think Sylvia wants to see you take from your ex's dad" I said as he stared up at me "Sylvia's a lot like her mother in these matters she probably hates you right now so I suggest giving her a few months to cool off" I saw his eyes widen "smells good dad did you make takoyaki?" Sylvia asks down the stairs in a turquoise t-shirt and white pyjama shorts with hibiscuses.

Sylvia stopped at the bottom "who's at the door? why are you just standing there?" Sylvia asks blinking in confusion "I think you should deal with this" I replied as she walked over to the door "Sylvia I-" "I wished you'd stop showing me your face nash"  Sylvia cut him off shutting the door in his face "that was harsh even to him" I said "but da-" "I know what he did was inexcusable but still saying that to him was harsh" I cut her off "you should know better than to say that to nash" Sylvia crossed her arms looking the other way "I know but it's annoying to see his face" she said walking upstairs slamming her bedroom door.

Months later

Sylvia

Dad was currently dragging me to a room in the hospital while storm and laxus walked behind me "why do I have to be dragged?" I ask "you'll probably run away if I don't hold your hand" dad replied still dragging me "I have work to go to dad!" I said scowling at him "why are we here anyway? you sick or something pops?" storm asks with his hands behind his head "no of course not!" dad replied as I pulled my hand out of his "you'll see just be patient" laxus said as dad opened a door to a hospital room I stopped in my tracks my eyes widening in shock as she laid in the hospital room sleeping she opened her eyes "mom..." storm said I teared up "Gray" mom said smiling up at him while dad held onto her hand "how long have you known this?" I ask dad my lips forming a thin line "about a few years or so" dad replied "and you never thought to tell us once?" I ask "Sylvia" dad said trying to place a hand to my shoulder I slapped his hand away "you've known mom was alive this whole time yet you never thought to tell us at all! you're always so secretive dad! both you and nash are the same! my life's full of two men who know nothing more than hurting me one go ahead and cheats on me when he clearly told me he wanted a second chance and the other goes hiding the fact my mom's alive! I've had it with you two that's not the worst part my own mother lies about her own death!" I said storming out the door.

I sat outside the hospital building pulling my legs closer to me "you know I didn't mean to keep it from you" dad said sitting down next to me "why didn't you tell us?" I ask turning my head away from him only to be facing mom "I told him not to tell you before going into a coma despite what gray did I know he stayed beside me and waited for me to wake up" mom replied "I've been telling her a lot about you and storm" dad said as mom wrapped her arms around me my eyes widened "I know it must have been hard without me but I'm here now" mom said as my eyes softened "Mom..." I whispered wrapping my arms around her moving my head down "it's ok sweaty" mom said stroking my head softly.