CH.12 Forgiveness

Nash

Sighing dreamily with my head in my palms I stared at my girlfriend as she quietly read a book in a corner-someone had attacked and the adults decided to take us somewhere far and safe leaving Laxus, Happy and Carla-sensei to guard us- her ocean blue orbs focused on the page scanning every word with her pale hand pushing up her glasses occasionally "how long do you plan to stare Nash?" Sylvia asks not looking up from her book "forever..." I replied as her ocean blue orbs looked into my forest green ones my head moved my from my palm straightening "that's uncomfortable" she said "uncomfortable is an understatement it's unsettling" Carla-Sensei added "don't they mean "why am I stuck with babysitting duty?" Laxus asks irritated  "we aren't a bunch of kids that you call it babysitting" Gale grumbled "mom should've let me go along" Storm complained sipping his orange juice "the girls certainly don't seem to mind" Reiki pointed out the other three girls who were on their phones or either writing something.

A few minutes of silence passed between us "seriously? is there nothing else to do?" Storm asks with his fair arms over the table and his head between his arms "I don't mind if we were locked up in here forever" I grinned in a daze "of course you don't you've been ogling your girlfriend Nash" Carla-sensei said "aye!" Happy-sensei piped in as Gale groaned trying to get Scarlet's attention who happened to be his girlfriend "are you ignoring me?" Gale poked her cheek while she continued on with her writing "it'll be ok Storm I'm sure you'll find something to do" Terari comforted Storm "alright!" Sylvia said as we all turned to her "we're going to get out of here" she closed her book "Sylvia's smart she'll get us out" Laxus said "how do you expect that to happen?" Nova asks looking up from her phone "we're stuck here for who knows how long and our parents have locked up all possible escapes" she threw her hands up in the air "not all escapes" Sylvia said pushing her glasses up "oh really? how do you know that? all you've been doing is reading that book is an escape written in there?" I ask as she shook her head "I've been using my time wisely by simply reading a book about this whole fiasco and no there isn't an escape written in here" she held up a finger matter of factly we groaned "but I did find one when I went in the kitchen this morning for breakfast" we all straightened happily "you will certainly not be leaving this place" Carla-sensei placed her hands on her hip "aye if I let you guys out Lucy would kill me" Happy-sensei said as we sighed in defeat "not if we were to bribe you" Scarlet held up a fish as Happy-sensei's eyes sparkled at the sight "catch the fish" she threw it towards a plate of full of fish "that's Happy-sensei out of the way" Gale said "what do we do with Carla-sensei?" Reiki asks as we all looked down at the white feline "I've got this one you guys get a move on" Nova said as Sylvia guided the way.

💧❄️💧

Flashback

Sylvia

Nervously I walked up to mom who was hanging up the laundry "mom?" I called as she turned "hm?" she responded while hanging up a white sheet "I wanted to talk to you" I informed grabbing a wet bedsheet "what about sweety?" mom asks looking at me "mom how did you and dad end up together?" I hung the sheet spreading it on the line "well..." she said trailing of beginning to explain.

After her explanation while we were doing the laundry it's now or never Sylvia I took a deep breath "I've been meaning to ask mom" I started fidgeting as she tilts her head "what?" she asks "how...uh... why...um..." I stuttered out dammit Sylvia stop stuttering you can do this I gulped "h-how did you find it in your heart to forgive dad after everything that's happened?" mom smiles at me looking back from the pan "I love your dad and I know he does too without him saying it verbally" mom replied I blinked in confusion "you don't need any other reason to forgive and trust them Sylvia your heart is a good enough one" I looked down at my feet dangling off the counter "how can you tell?" I ask as she walks over I looked back up at her "here... right here is where you need to forgive and trust them from" mom long pale finger pointed to my heart "if you can see yourself with him and your heartbeat fastens for Nash then you have your answer" she placed a hand on it.

I was currently waiting for Nash since he wanted to take me out Nash is definitely taking his sweet time I glanced at my watch the breeze blowing the little charm on my skirt I hope he hasn't ditched me fixing my hair which I had left down in fron...

I was currently waiting for Nash since he wanted to take me out Nash is definitely taking his sweet time I glanced at my watch the breeze blowing the little charm on my skirt I hope he hasn't ditched me fixing my hair which I had left down in front of a shop window the conversation I had with mom playing in my mind my heart? placing a hand to it does it beat fasten for Nash I stared down at the ground "sorry I'm late" Nash said as I turned around to face him "finally I was beginning to think you ditch-" I felt my heartbeat pick up and a blush rushing to my cheeks.

He grinned at me waving I turned my back to him why is my heart beating fast? is this what mom was talking about? clutching my bag I felt a tap on my shoulder "hey you ok Sylvia?" Nash asks as I shook my head of the thoughts "let's just get this o...

He grinned at me waving I turned my back to him why is my heart beating fast? is this what mom was talking about? clutching my bag I felt a tap on my shoulder "hey you ok Sylvia?" Nash asks as I shook my head of the thoughts "let's just get this over with" I replied turning away from him walking away "what with the attitude?" he asks catching up to me "well then don't be late next time" I said closing my eyes "if you're going to arrange a certain time to meet then arrive then not a whole hour later" I stuck my nose in the air "geez what a girlfriend I have" he said off to the side "I can hear you" I informed opening an eye "not everyone is as punctual as you Sylv" he said.

Nash had taken me to an amusement park we were waiting for our ride on the roller coaster "almost sunset..." I muttered to myself looking down at my watch "yeah I just wish these people would hurry up" Nash said grabbing my hand as a shiver ran up my spine my face exploding into a blush while I looked down at our intertwined hands feeling my heartbeat pick up "uh... uh... N-Nash?" I called as he looked down at me "what's up?" he asks as I hold up our conjoined hands "y-your hand" I said his face exploded into a blush we stared at each other "oh look what a cute couple?" "reminds me of the olden days" an elderly couple said walking past.

A kid walked past with his mother "hey that boy and girl are all red!" the brown-haired boy stared at us "they must like each other"  the mother responded pulling him along "like each other? but why are they red? why?" we moved forward almost robotically turning away while I thought about feelings pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I stared out the window amazed "wow! the sunsets so beautiful!" I smiled placing a hand on the glass window "Sylvia" Nash called "huh?" I turn to face him only to stare right into his half-lidded forest green eyes Nash's hands cupping my cheek as he placed his lips on mines causing my eyes to go wide before closing his thumb stroking my cheek.

Flashback end

My ocean blue eyes stared into wide turquoise blue eyes a smile tugging my lips a tear slipping down my cheek thank you Laxus-sama for everything my body leaned forward Nash Dragneel although you hurt me... my eyes unmoving from Laxus-sama's "take care of nash..." I croaked out I'll always trust and forgive you his screams becoming distant my heart will always belong to you... Laxus-sama's form running towards me the last thing I saw before my eyes shut closed.