Chapter 30

I couldn't help but scrunch my entire face up after I got a whiff of the stench that lingered on Casey's feet. It was bad. It was really bad. It smelled as if something had died.

"I-I'll is back," I said. "I'm going to go get some air freshener." I lied just to get away from them and reply to the text that made my phone to vibrate in my pocket.

Before I pulled my phone from my back pocket, I already knew who the notification would be from.

I closed the bathroom door shut and locked it and turned on the faucet.

I pulled out my phone finding a text from Christian.

I hate Christian. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. He thinks everything is a joke. These are peoples lives he is playing with, but since they're no kin to him he could care less.

I didn't tell Amarillo or the others that I received a text from Christian because I couldn't risk them finding out about my past lives.

I know it was selfish of me not to fill them, but I really didn't need there help. I would rather let them think I need there help because if I didn't they would start asking questions that I wouldn't be able to answers no matter how hard I wanted too or not.

I shoot Christian back a quick text, remembering that I told them that I was just coming to get some air freshener which doesn't take up this long of a time.

"This isn't a game. So, why don't you stop playing and come kidnap the one who you really want?" I sent.

I push my phone back into my back pocket and I flushed the toilet and wet my hands.

I open the door and had to backtrack because I nearly forgot what I'd come to the bathroom for in the first place: air freshener.

I walk back into the living room where I left Corrine, Marty, Casey, and Amarillo. They're sitting in my living room reminiscing on their times spent with Kayleigh and Corbin.

When I make it back to the front room, my phone vibrates in my back pocket but I decided not to read it when I noticed all but Amarillo was in the front room.

Where the hell is he?

"Where's Amarillo?" the words left my mouth unintentionally in a rush and filled with aggression.

Before any of them can get their words out, I hear a LOUD THUD AND A BANG coming from upstairs.

They ducked down, cradle into a ball on my living room floor me, on the other hand, launched up the stairs running in the direction of the noise.

Amarillo POV

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

What do I do?

I hope she didn't hear that.

Who am I kidding?

The whole damn block heard that.

I panic as I run my hands through my hair with a hand pistol sitting at the tip of my feet and a bullet hole in the wall.

She's going to kill me.

"I'm going to kill you." Naomi storms into the room taking sight of the gun and the hole in the wall.

"Who told you to come up here? And why are you touching things you obviously don't know how to use." Naomi continues to scold me, glaring at me from toe to head almost as if she was seconds away from chewing my head off...literally.

"I-I d-Don't K-Know." I struggle to find the right words to say.

She bends to pick it back up, she stands back up and points the gun out at me.

I immediately gesture my hands up in surrender as I fumble with my words seeing my life flash in front of me.

"Naomi! W-What are you doing?" My voice is shaky as I speak and back up putting distance in between her and I but every time I go back she just keeps coming closer.

"Why? Why would you do that?" She's now crying. "You could've hurt someone." She continues to hold the gun out in front of her and I continue to step back.

"I-I know. I'm ... I'm sorry." I bump into her bed with nowhere else to go I lay down on her bed with my hands still gesturing in surrender.

"No." She snaps. "I'm not going to let you hurt anyone else." She cocks the gun back as she glares down at me, face scrunched up.

She puts the tip up the gun right on my forehead and she puts her finger on the trigger.

(Hey, I just want to say sorry 💔 for me going M.I.A for so long.)