Chapter 36

Naomi's POV

"M-Mom what are you doing back so early?" I jump in front of her with open arms but she brushes right past me and into the living.

"Ty'ann got sick and your brother got suspended for fighting," she says to me but glares at my friends.

"Fighting?" I overexaggerate trying to turn the attention off of these estranged 'black people' who are standing in my mothers living room.

"What were you fighting for?" I smack Ronald in his arm.

"Ouchhhh!" He exaggerates. "I was fighting because people were trying to bully me and I did what I had to do?

"Which was?" I ask him.

"Beat him bloody until he got the picture that I'm not the one to fuck with." No remorse.

"Wow, Mom." I fold my arms across my chest. "What are you going to do about that?"

She looks over her shoulders and darts her eyes at me, "I see what the fuck you're doing and it's not working." She then looks between Ronald and Ty'ann. "You two go upstairs in your room, now." anger and visible in her voice.

"Ooooh, somebody's in trouble." Ty'ann looks over at me and teases me.

"Shut Up." I glare at her.

"Yup. And for once it isn't me." Ronald Smiles.

"Shut up and go up the stares." I glare at the two of them.

"We're going." Ty'ann says.

"Don't be mad at us." Ronald leads Ty'ann up the stairs.

Ronald and Ty'ann is Kelvin's and Kelenna's biological children. Although,  Kelvin and Kelenna are members of the organization Ronald and Ty'ann are not, at least not yet.

Ronald had to carry out a couple of small base missions but when he turned thirteen he made the decision to wait until after his high school to become an official member. He wants to have an opportunity to live a normal teenage life. He doesn't want to have to step a foot until adulthood earlier than before God planned it.

Ty'ann, on the other hand, is eager to get to it. She can't her decision until she graduates from first level training. doesn't graduate from her beginners level training until she turns eleven in a few months then she'll be on intermediate training level where she'll be given minor missions.

My mother waited until she heard two doors closed before her mouth exploded and out comes the fire.

"Who the fuck are you, you, you, and you?" Left to the right she points from Casey to Corrine to Marty to Amarillo, "Why are you in my house?"

"Hey, I'm Marty." He gleamed as he approached her with his hand out. She looked down at his hand as if it was something discussing at first, but then she accepted his handshake, to no surprise he's white and she sees no color.

"Nice to meet you." he smiles as he steps back away from her.

"Why are you in my house, Casey?" The coldness in her voice remains.

"Oh, Naomi invited us." he gestures his finger at me, "So, that we can work together to find our friends."

"Your friends are missing?" Her voice was not as Cold as before.

"Yes. They've been missing for two weeks now."  Marty Says.

"Two weeks?" My mother turns to me and asks, "How didn't I know about this?"

"Because I've been busy," I answer.

"Doing?"

"Stuff." I avoid telling her about Amarillo and I date and how I'm attracted to him, the hospital shooting, me breaking school property, and my blackouts.